Windows 10: Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle

Discus and support Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recommend using Microsoft photos, here you can the add the subtitle can simply clicking the substile icon below the right hand corner. Hope this helps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NellyWally, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle

Recommend using Microsoft photos, here you can the add the subtitle can simply clicking the substile icon below the right hand corner. Hope this helps for everyone having difficulties playing a movie with subtitle.

:)

NellyWally, Sep 5, 2019

2. Movie download-no subtitles...

I was watching a international movie from a legitimate movie website which had english subtitles and it just kept buffering so i downloaded it through payment..but when i played it back using Freesmith player which is my default player...i could not see any english subtitles...could it be the subtitles are overlayed on the bottom black border of the movie and not actually seen within the bottom of movie therefore you cannot download the overlayed subtitles...do you have to download special subtitle packs ?

treblefree, Sep 5, 2019
  3. External subtitle on Windows 10 media Player

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Check if the suggestions in this thread helps.

Media player does not display external subtitles

Media player does not display external subtitles

Alternatively, you can use windows 10 new Music and Video app

Movies & TV

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Also see:

Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Sep 5, 2019
  4. shcarch Win User

Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle

Unable to add subtitle files in Windows Media Player.

shcarch, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle

1. Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle - Similar Threads - Alternative media player

2. Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work: I have an mp4 with a subtitle stream built in not burned in, which plays perfectly in every media player except windows media player.One simply goes to the subtitles menu, wherever that is, and selects the subtitle track to include.Windows media player "old" with the blue...
  3. Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work: I have an mp4 with a subtitle stream built in not burned in, which plays perfectly in every media player except windows media player.One simply goes to the subtitles menu, wherever that is, and selects the subtitle track to include.Windows media player "old" with the blue...
  4. Alternative to Media Player for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative to Media Player for photos?: Hello!I'm trying to access and view photos from my other pc which is considered a 'Media device'. I can only open this with Media Player, but it's not very convenient. It hangs, it opens images as if they're videos, there's no preview pane and whenever I open an image, the...
  5. Alternative to Media Player for photos?

Alternative to Media Player for photos?: Hello!I'm trying to access and view photos from my other pc which is considered a 'Media device'. I can only open this with Media Player, but it's not very convenient. It hangs, it opens images as if they're videos, there's no preview pane and whenever I open an image, the...
  6. I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. It seems like every time, I watch a movie. There are, subtitles. It's very distracting, to see a foreign language,. At the bottom, of the screen! Sometimes, I just turn the movie off! Is there any way, to stop this....
  7. Subtitles in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Subtitles in Windows Media Player: Hello. I am having a hard time viewing subtitles in Windows Media Player on my Windows 10. I have turned the "on if available" in Lyrics, Captions & Subtitles from the options menu, but it is still not loading. I dragged and dropped the subtitle file in the media player, but...
  8. movies on windows 10 media player

movies on windows 10 media player: How do I play a movie on windows 10 media player. I'm not doing something right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-on-windows-10-media-player/71fdf5c9-8773-437a-a4a6-cbf4b87df237
  9. Movie download-no subtitles...

Movie download-no subtitles...: I was watching a international movie from a legitimate movie website which had english subtitles and it just kept buffering so i downloaded it through payment..but when i played it back using Freesmith player which is my default player...i could not see any english...
  10. Windows Media Player Does not show subtitles

Windows Media Player Does not show subtitles: I know I can download codecs for this (which I have) or just use VLC, but how do you get Windows Media Player to show the subtitles of mkv files? Doing a right click and turning on Subtitles does nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you want to test this, just...