Windows 10: Alternative way to access restore points?

Discus and support Alternative way to access restore points? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Leticron, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Leticron Win User

Alternative way to access restore points?

Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685
    Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently.
    Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing
    So I tries to use a restore point No dice.right click on won symbol and then on system gets me the grey loading screen with the cod symbol for a second or two then it scrolls to top of screen and disappears nothing else happens. Please let me know if there are other ways to start a restore to a certain point in time. Avast and malwarebytes both claim the system is clean so i have no clue what could have messed up the update

:)

Leticron, Dec 17, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User

Restore points being deleted

This is not a pitch but a valid suggestion of a superior alternative.

cereberus, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Leticron Win User

Hi zbook Thank you for your suggestions. I will run the batch and let you know what comes from it. I used Acronis and Macrium before. Its my own fault not having done so on this rig. How would I go about uninstalling the update? Is there a way to call the applet directly? Win + R still seems to work.

-le

Leticron, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Leticron Win User

Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685
    Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently.
    Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing
    So I tries to use a restore point No dice.right click on won symbol and then on system gets me the grey loading screen with the cod symbol for a second or two then it scrolls to top of screen and disappears nothing else happens. Please let me know if there are other ways to start a restore to a certain point in time. Avast and malwarebytes both claim the system is clean so i have no clue what could have messed up the update

Leticron, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Alternative way to access restore points? - Similar Threads - Alternative access restore

2. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  3. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  4. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  5. restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  6. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  7. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  8. restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...
  9. no access to restore point windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no access to restore point windows 10?: I made a mistake last night and tried to download some software that ended up being full of malware and nasty viruses. I need to be able to set my restore point at an earlier date to get some of this stuff off of my new computer. The problem I'm having is the computer refuses...
  10. Restore Points Intel Technology Access

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Points Intel Technology Access: When I look at existing restore points in my system, there are always lots of points labelled "Intel(R) Technology Access" Many have been created at very short time intervals, sometimes just a few seconds apart. Does anybody know why they are created and what is...