Windows 10: Alternative way to log on as another user

Discus and support Alternative way to log on as another user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a really ancient laptop maybe 10 years old running windows 10. My wife was using it while her real laptop is in the shop. We're trying to get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DanFlak, Jul 14, 2020.

1. DanFlak Win User

Alternative way to log on as another user

I have a really ancient laptop maybe 10 years old running windows 10. My wife was using it while her real laptop is in the shop. We're trying to get another week out of it.

It was acting really funny, so I did a dskchk on it. It seemed to reset most things. I got a welcome to windows 10 on reboot.

However, when the splash screen comes up, I have to press CTRL-ALT-DEL to get a login screen. It comes up with my account and everything seems to be OK when I log in.

When I press CTRL-ALT-DEL again and select login as another user, I do not see my wife's account. I can go to the control panel and see that she does have a user account. Also I can access her files under C;/users/hername.

I need to be able to get the computer to log in with her account.

Yes, this is a sick system. Any ideas?

:)

DanFlak, Jul 14, 2020

2. Voice Recognition System as Alternative Way of Logging a Windows Computer.

Hi , I am currently doing Bachelor in Computer Forensic in Malaysia. I am doing my final year project title " Voice Recognition System as Alternative Way of Logging a Windows Computer " .

So , I need opinion , idea and suggestion on how to improvise this idea .

Thank you.

ARVINNAIDU, Jul 14, 2020
  3. When a user logs in, other users are also logged in

Thank you for updating us. it is truly possible that another user is still being recognized by your operating system. To disconnect the other user logged in, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + Shift key + Esc
      to go to Task Manager.
    • Go to the Users tab.
    • If you see the other user there, right-click on it and press Disconnect.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Alternative way to log on as another user - Similar Threads - Alternative log another

2. Alternative ways to install rust-lang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative ways to install rust-lang: I want to learn a new coding language Rust, but when I do all the steps it takes 17gb of my computer space with the build tools, windows sdk, msvc compiler, and addons. I have tried researching for a faster and more lightweight linker I can use instead and I found lld. How...
  3. Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?: Have been having trouble copying an entire USB HD to its own folder in a much larger USB HD. I hit all types of errors which just made FIle Explorers copy stop and disappear without any notices or errors.So I did takedown.exe over night, and am now having new troubles with...
  4. Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?: Have been having trouble copying an entire USB HD to its own folder in a much larger USB HD. I hit all types of errors which just made FIle Explorers copy stop and disappear without any notices or errors.So I did takedown.exe over night, and am now having new troubles with...
  5. Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is there an alternate way to install RSAT tools?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an alternate way to install RSAT tools?: Here is the situation we have devices on 20h2 that need AD tools. Microsoft no longer offers a package for installing said tools. You have to do the add a feature thing or use dism to do it from the command line. The problem is the devices point to a misconfigured WSUS server...
  7. Cannot log in with another user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in with another user account: I am having the same issue as here. I have reset a laptop with Windows Home 10 v1909 and cannot get it to log in with another user account. I am able to add a Work Microsoft account but I am unable to log in with it. I have to log in with my hotmail account. I have tried the...
  8. installing games - alternative ways?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing games - alternative ways?: hello, I have 1tb hard disk drive that is currently on 98% almost full and I there are more games that I still want to install *Sad problem is Im too broke to buy new HDD, I wanna know if theres an alternative way to install my games? for example: A - i want to install...
  9. Another Windows Update Alternative?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Another Windows Update Alternative?: Just stumbled across this tool from Developer Mike C (WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection) care of the HowToGeek website. It's called WSUS Offline Update, and it's kept reasonably current by its developer. Apparently, it...
  10. Alternative way to boot to CD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alternative way to boot to CD?: My Asus mobo has very unresponsive firmware. It takes next to forever for the first menu to appear, and what's more, it periodically forgets its settings and reverts to default. So, this morning my Windows boot got borked, and I wanted to run a live CD in order to fix it or...