Windows 10: Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

Discus and support Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just wanted to ask what alternatives there are to using the Windows 10 to install Linux distros on WSL. Also, it seems like Ubuntu 19 isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OsmanZakir, May 14, 2019.

1. Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

I just wanted to ask what alternatives there are to using the Windows 10 to install Linux distros on WSL.

Also, it seems like Ubuntu 19 isn't available for the WSL. Is there a chance that we'll be able to install it when WSL2 is released? And I'd like to get the latest non-LTS version if possible (though it's alright if it's not possible too).

:)

OsmanZakir, May 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

Source: Open Sourcing a WSL Sample for Linux Distribution Maintainers and Sideloading Custom Linux Distributions Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, May 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, May 14, 2019
  4. johngalt Win User

Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

johngalt, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

1. Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL - Similar Threads - Alternatives using Store

2. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  4. Encountering WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102 when installing Linux Distro for WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Encountering WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102 when installing Linux Distro for WSL: I am trying to install Ubuntu WSL on Windows 10.I used the command wsl --installand it appeared to be working, but when I opened up Ubuntu, I saw this screen:Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the...
  5. Encountering WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102 when installing Linux Distro for WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102 when installing Linux Distro for WSL: I am trying to install Ubuntu WSL on Windows 10.I used the command wsl --installand it appeared to be working, but when I opened up Ubuntu, I saw this screen:Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the...
  6. Encountering WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102 when installing Linux Distro for WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to add users to WSL Distro (Windows Subsystem for Linux)

in Windows 10 News
    How to add users to WSL Distro (Windows Subsystem for Linux): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux for Windows 10 support multiuser capabilities. And when it comes to user management for software, various aspects of software management can be discussed. Adding a user to the Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows [...]...
  8. Unregister Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unregister Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10: How to: Unregister Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 How to Unregister and Reset Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux...
  9. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10: How to: Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10 How to Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools...
  10. Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10: How to: Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 How to Run a Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. custom distro wls

2. sideloading linux on wsl

3. wsl2 offline install

4. do i have to use windows store linux distros in wsl