Windows 10: Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

Discus and support Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just wanted to ask what alternatives there are to using the Windows 10 to install Linux distros on WSL. Also, it seems like Ubuntu 19 isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OsmanZakir, May 14, 2019.

1. Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

I just wanted to ask what alternatives there are to using the Windows 10 to install Linux distros on WSL.

Also, it seems like Ubuntu 19 isn't available for the WSL. Is there a chance that we'll be able to install it when WSL2 is released? And I'd like to get the latest non-LTS version if possible (though it's alright if it's not possible too).

:)

OsmanZakir, May 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

Source: Open Sourcing a WSL Sample for Linux Distribution Maintainers and Sideloading Custom Linux Distributions Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, May 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, May 14, 2019
  4. johngalt Win User

Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

johngalt, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

1. Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL - Similar Threads - Alternatives using Store

2. New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...
  3. Which distro for Windows Services for Linux?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which distro for Windows Services for Linux?: Moderators: If this thread belongs in another forum, please move. So someone gave me some scripts that run under Linux, and he uses Linux under WSL. Seems like a good idea, but I have no idea which Linux distro I should use. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on on...
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for testing Windows 10 PTP Client

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for testing Windows 10 PTP Client: Hi Folks, Program Manager Dan Cuomo here to chat about setting up one of the most important new features outlined in #10 on our Top 10 Networking features in Windows Server 2019, Precision Time Protocol (PTP). As a quick refresher, you can visualize the benefit of PTP...
  5. WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux: 11/11/2018 I have windows 10, version 1803, OS build 17134.37 In powershell as administrator, I run the command: enable-windowsoptionalfeature -online -featurename microsoft-windows-subsystem-linux and receive error: enable-windowsoptionalfeature : the referenced...
  6. Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise: Recently, customers in an enterprise environment have asked if there is a way to install WSL without an internet connection. These companies had some machines that would benefit from having WSL, but don't have an internet connection for security, logistics, or other reasons....
  7. Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Debian GNU/Linux using the commandline, microsoft store broken: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro machine that has been hardened for security reasons. The result of this is that the Microsoft Store is unable to connect properly. I have tried to fix this, but to no avail. I want to install GNU/Linux distribution under the WSL. I have added the...
  8. Sharing TO W10 from W7 and most Linux distros SOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing TO W10 from W7 and most Linux distros SOLVED: Hi there. This affects sharing TO W10 from other machines -- NOT FROM W10 TO other machines which seems to work just fine. Ms has changed some security aspects of file sharing over networks in W10. The changes only affect W7 and earlier Windows OS'es and most Linux...
  9. On the WSL-Can you install graphical Linux mint 18.x xfce yet?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On the WSL-Can you install graphical Linux mint 18.x xfce yet?: On the windows subsystem for Linux-Can you install graphical Linux mint 18.x xfce yet? Home version. I am not going to do this now. I like my current setup anyway. I just wondered if that is possibly. 95605
  10. Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux: We are happy to announce that we have open sourced a WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) sample for Linux distribution maintainers. This sample allows distro maintainers to build WSL distro packages for the Microsoft Store and developers to create custom Linux distro packages...