Windows 10: AltGr + keys do not work after you Alt+Tab to or from RDC Remote Desktop window

Discus and support AltGr + keys do not work after you Alt+Tab to or from RDC Remote Desktop window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am used to use ALT+TAB to switch between opened windows. But when I use this keyboard shortcut on RDC Remote desktop window and my local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrej Pirman HM, Jun 10, 2020.

1. AltGr + keys do not work after you Alt+Tab to or from RDC Remote Desktop window

Hi,

I am used to use ALT+TAB to switch between opened windows. But when I use this keyboard shortcut on RDC Remote desktop window and my local computer, thenAltGr+ keys do not work anymore, for example, AltGr+:

. to print >

, to print <

q to print \

w to print

v to print @

You can imagine how frustrating it is when you try to type an e-mail, like user <AltGr+v>...but@ does not show up. Aghrrrrr!

WORKAROUNDS

Ok, I and also a coder/programmer, so I know special chars codes by heart, like @ is left ALT + 64 on numeric keypad, and is left ALT + 124 on numeric keypad. But that's lousy workaround.

To repair temporarily this behavior, I need to open any RDC Remote window WITH MOUSE and navigate away or minimize it WITH MOUSE, and woila, AltGr functionality is restored.

DISAPPOINTMENT

But what on Earth is wrong with MS? This bug has been around for decade, and they did not fix it. I myself reported this bug via various reporting tools many times, but as I am not some rockstar guy, I did not get enough votes to get it fixed.

Ah, just nagging...

:)

Andrej Pirman HM, Jun 10, 2020
  2. mrhuggles Win User

alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Petri 73 Win User
    AltGr problem With Remote Desktop universal app

Hi,

AltGr+E is only one example. Every time I use AltGr, I have to press CTLR.

• There are no error codes
    • This problem has come with latest updatest to this Remote Desktop universal app
    • happen every thime I use AltGr
    • Here is info of app
      • Microsoft Remote Desktop
      • Version 10.1.997.0

• AltGr + keys do not work after you Alt+Tab to or from RDC Remote Desktop window 079a823d-8683-4b08-b51f-af74fcbfff22.png

Petri 73, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

AltGr + keys do not work after you Alt+Tab to or from RDC Remote Desktop window

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Lorraine,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

This issue might occur due to, when you first connect, Remote Desktop attempts to size the screen according to its default setting. You can adjust this setting within the Remote Desktop client. Adjusting the screen size allows
    you to sculpt the desktop display size to better fit your computer's viewing area.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: To change the size of the Remote Desktop window:

• Open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

• Click on the Options button located in the lower left-hand corner of the RDC window.

• This will expand the RDC window to display 7 different option tabs.

• Click on the Display tab.

• In the display configuration section, slide the bar to the left or right to decrease or increase the size of the remote desktop session window.

• Click the Connect button.

Or

Step 2:

• Open the "Start" menu and type
      "mstsc" (in the search bar) and then press “Enter."

• Click "Options”.

• Click the "Display" tab.

• Drag the slider bar left or right to
      reduce or enlarge the display resolution. The
      left-most
      position is the minimum resolution, while the right-most is a full-screen resolution.

Please get back to us, if are still facing issue in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

AltGr + keys do not work after you Alt+Tab to or from RDC Remote Desktop window

1. AltGr + keys do not work after you Alt+Tab to or from RDC Remote Desktop window - Similar Threads - AltGr keys Alt+Tab

2. [Alt]+[Tab] recently started engaging the [Alt] key of the application you switch from in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Alt]+[Tab] recently started engaging the [Alt] key of the application you switch from in...: I have found recently, perhaps the latest Windows 11 February 2022 updates, that when performing an [Alt]+[Tab] to switch to another application the [Alt] key is also being processed by the application you are switching from. When you [Alt]+[Tab] back to the original...
  3. [Alt]+[Tab] recently started engaging the [Alt] key of the application you switch from in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Alt]+[Tab] recently started engaging the [Alt] key of the application you switch from in...: I have found recently, perhaps the latest Windows 11 February 2022 updates, that when performing an [Alt]+[Tab] to switch to another application the [Alt] key is also being processed by the application you are switching from. When you [Alt]+[Tab] back to the original...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) and unnecessary desktop resize

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) and unnecessary desktop resize: When I connect on RDC, it goes through a Windows logon procedure and desktop resolution is somehow changed from 2560x1440 (my native resolutions on both computers) to 2133x1160 (apparently), just to immediately chang back to the full resolution. This results in windows being...
  5. Alt-Tab and Z key doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-Tab and Z key doesn’t work: Hey I’ve been having a issue with my computer. I’m running windows 10 and everything worked fine for a while. But recently whenever I try using alt-tab it would close all my windows like games and apps. I’ve restarted by pc and it fixes it for like 10 minutes. Also when this...
  6. Alt Tab keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Alt Tab keys not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A combination of two keyboard buttons Alt + Tab is helpful in switching easily between multiple open tabs or windows in Windows 1o. If you […] This article Alt Tab keys not working in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Alt+tab not working on remote Citrix desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+tab not working on remote Citrix desktop: Hey everyone. Been having an issue that I cannot seem to fix. My alt+tab is not working in my Remote Desktop. It defaults to my PC. I tried all the settings a standard google search would yield (options> “to Remote Desktop”, or “full screen only”) and neither seem to work....
  8. Windows key hold after alt-tabbing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows key hold after alt-tabbing: Hi there. I use Windows 10 since it was born and I have always had a problem with all my Pcs: it happens sometimes that after alt-tabbing multiple times, the system acts like the Windows key is hold. Using a keyboard button viewer, it doesn't result to be pushed though... The...
  9. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows altgr chords not working