Windows 10: AltGr sends LeftControl keypress

Discus and support AltGr sends LeftControl keypress in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to remove LeftCtrl keypress from AltGr? I understand that Alt+Ctrl -> AltGr, but AltGr should not send Alt+Ctrl. I can't disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VäinöAstala, Feb 14, 2020.

1. AltGr sends LeftControl keypress

Is there any way to remove LeftCtrl keypress from AltGr?

I understand that Alt+Ctrl -> AltGr, but AltGr should not send Alt+Ctrl.

I can't disable AltGr as I need it for symbols, but as my keyboard has some of the F-keys mapped as media keys, I need to press Fn next to AltGr for F7-F12 and easiest way is to press both keys to get e.g. Alt-F12, but this sends also a LeftCtrl which in some situations is annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Väinö

:)

VäinöAstala, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

AltGr problem With Remote Desktop universal app

Hi,

Based on the information you've provided, it seems that you're having issues using the keyboard shortcut AltGr+E on a Finnish keyboard. Is that correct? If yes, for us to isolate this issue, please provide the following information:

• For clarification, what specific issue are you experiencing when using the keyboard shortcut AltGr+E? Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • Is this the first time that you've experienced this issue? Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue only happen when using a specific keyboard shortcut?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • If possible, send us also a screenshot showing the Remote Desktop universal app that you're using.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Petri 73 Win User
    AltGr problem With Remote Desktop universal app

Hi,

AltGr+E is only one example. Every time I use AltGr, I have to press CTLR.

• There are no error codes
    • This problem has come with latest updatest to this Remote Desktop universal app
    • happen every thime I use AltGr
    • Here is info of app
      • Microsoft Remote Desktop
      • Version 10.1.997.0

• AltGr sends LeftControl keypress 079a823d-8683-4b08-b51f-af74fcbfff22.png

Petri 73, Feb 14, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

AltGr sends LeftControl keypress

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

AltGr sends LeftControl keypress

1. AltGr sends LeftControl keypress - Similar Threads - AltGr sends LeftControl

2. AltGr Combinations stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AltGr Combinations stopped working: AltGr combinations for US INTL Keyboards stopped workingand i can't do the German ö in any application since a recent update some months agoSpecifically, all the following combinations stopped working on US INTL Keyboard Layout and probably all other keyboard layouts as they...
  3. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  4. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  5. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...
  7. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...
  8. altgr

altgr: type azerty funct keys Alt Gr : out on real clavier or virtual clavier cause ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/altgr/bfc18b09-53b0-4add-bf13-84144ff0ae9c
  9. AltGr + Space shortcut.

in Windows 10 Customization
    AltGr + Space shortcut.: Hi, For a long time on many operating systems AltGR + Space acts just as normal space (sometimes as hard space). Now in windows 10 it does nothing. The problem is that if i'm writing text (quite fast) using polish diacritic characters quite often there is problem that at...
  10. Keyboard keypress volume

Keyboard keypress volume: Since in my Surface 1 I have the touch keyboard I need audio feedback for the pressure of keys, but I don't want to hear loud all the other windows sounds. Is it possible in win 10 to raise the volume of the keyboard while leaving the rest of system sounds dim? 49053