Windows 10: Always allowed / blocked website. What is the priority?

Discus and support Always allowed / blocked website. What is the priority? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In Microsoft Family Safety management account pages I can define content restriction:... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by B4st13n, Sep 16, 2020.

1. B4st13n Win User

Always allowed / blocked website. What is the priority?

In Microsoft Family Safety management account pages I can define content restriction:

https://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/content-restrictions/

What is the priority when I define http://youtube.com as always blocked but I agree on an exception on a specific stream. So I also enter the stream in Always allowed:

Always allowed / blocked website. What is the priority? 5ab7089b-7ea9-42dd-9d87-0b682eb7ce1f?upload=true.png

For now each time I try to go on Youtube I get again and again the message to request to unlock de page. From my phone I agree to unlock but nothing change on my child computer. When I go on Family setting I see the page in Always allowed but no... he is still and forever blocked.

:)

B4st13n, Sep 16, 2020

2. Query about allowing or blocking specific websites in family safety

Hello Chin,

We realize your requirement in this regard.

Yes, once you unblock a website, your child will be able to access that particular website without any restrictions. You need to block it back, if your child don't want to access it.

There's a lot of great things to learn about on the Internet, but also lots of things you don't want your kids to stumble on. Turn on web browsing limits if you want to block sites that provide adult content, or to allow or block individual websites or webpages
    by using their web addresses or URLs. For young children, you can set up web browsing limits so they can only visit a small number of sites that you specifically allowed.

To set up web browsing limits

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website

• Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.

• Select Web browsing, and switch Block inappropriate websites from
      Off to On.

Now, adult content is blocked and SafeSearch is on when your child uses the most common search engines.

• If you want your child to only see websites you've explicitly allowed, check the box next to
      Only see websites on the allowed list.

To allow or block specific websites

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website

• Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.

• Select Web browsing.

• To add a site to their allow list, go to Always allow these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to allow.

• To add a site to their block list, go to Always block these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to block.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 16, 2020
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

Always allowed / blocked website. What is the priority? [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Sep 16, 2020
  4. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Always allowed / blocked website. What is the priority? - Similar Threads - Always allowed blocked

2. Allow a Website to run that is being currently blocked by a Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow a Website to run that is being currently blocked by a Firewall: Hi, I was using facebook and I play a lot of games on the website. All of a sudden it decided it was not allowed and may be blocked by a firewall although nothing was changed on my firewall settings. I tried to run a diagnostic's and it said it 'apps.facebook.com' is...
  3. Blocking Websites

Blocking Websites: I just need a way of communicating with a human being at Microsoft. 1 human being if possible. I've given up all hope of speaking with anyone I could understand. Email is the only way I can think of. It gives me the time to write, or respond to, any communication. I am 70...
  4. What is the easy way to block websites???

What is the easy way to block websites???: I have a few websites, that haunt me... As soon I SEEM to block them, they reappear and are able to popup covering my abilities on the taskbar or status bars. I often don't notice and enable and activate them, allowing them to open up and further hurt my computer and my...
  5. Website block

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Website block: Can you block websites without adim permissions? submitted by /u/Fforfamily [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcuokc/website_block/
  6. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  7. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  8. How to block the website marked as “always allow”?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to block the website marked as “always allow”?: I’d like to block the website which I marked by mistake to ‘always allow’ when I saw this option. It is Edge browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-block-the-website-marked-as-always-allow/04594a3e-1007-4e00-86f5-97c2e24ce149
  9. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...
  10. Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows Some websites can show notifications on your computer desktop. By default, Google Chrome asks you if a site can show...