Windows 10: Always asking pin for login.

Discus and support Always asking pin for login. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DemiEllington, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Always asking pin for login.

I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?

:)

DemiEllington, Apr 26, 2022

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 26, 2022
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 26, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Always asking pin for login.

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

Always asking pin for login.

1. Always asking pin for login. - Similar Threads - Always asking pin

2. Loop at login when asked to create a PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loop at login when asked to create a PIN: February 27, 2023 My non technical husband went to login to his windows computer. He had forgotten his password so changed it.Select sign nPop up screen requests password, password enteredNext popup is create PIN, next is only choice so selected.Something went wrongWe weren’t...
  3. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  4. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  5. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  7. PC always asks for login after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC always asks for login after update: I have turned off every setting that even slightly linked to logging in on start up. It has never asked, but after the update it always asks to log in even though the setting are still turned off for logging. Any one know of way to turn this off? submitted by...
  8. Login always asks for bitlocker

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login always asks for bitlocker: Every time I turn on my computer I have to put the bitlocker key. After that, it always says my pin isn't set up when it is and forces me to log into my Microsoft account, just so it can ask me "are you sure you want to set up a pin when you have one". This has happened the...
  9. Quick support - alway asks me to login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick support - alway asks me to login: Everytime i start quick assist and start Give "assistance option", I am greeted with "Microsoft Sign in" message window..(although i selected remember me) and i have to neter my mail account .. On other PCs in my office, quick assistance doesn't ask for login details...
  10. Quick support - alway asks me to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick support - alway asks me to login: Everytime i start quick assist and start Give "assistance option", I am greeted with "Microsoft Sign in" message window..(although i selected remember me) and i have to neter my mail account .. On other PCs in my office, quick assistance doesn't ask for login details...