Windows 10: ALWAYS asks for username and password

Discus and support ALWAYS asks for username and password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Opentoe, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Opentoe Win User

ALWAYS asks for username and password

I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a username and firewall. On a client computer on the network if I type \\computername all I get is a username and password prompt. But if I type it this way \\10.0.0.122 by the IP address it shows shares. DNS is working %100, my other workstations Win10 talk to one another just fine. How can a Windows 11 desktop with it's firewa

:)

Opentoe, Dec 29, 2021

2. Why is windows security asking for username and password

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you referring to either the Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Defender? If not, please specify which Windows security utility is asking for your username and password.
    • Does the issue also occur when you try to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?
    • What username and password is being asked (e.g. Microsoft Account, etc.)? If it's other than your Microsoft Account, please specify which account.
    • What happens when you try to enter your username and password?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Microsoft edge asking me for a username and password.

Hello.

I'm trying to access my uni reading list. Every time I try and view it online, a pop up is asking for my username and password. Ive tried every username and password I nothing. I keep getting unauthorized access.

How do I sort this out please?

Shez Robinson, Dec 29, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Family Tree Legends - forgotten username/password

Hi Sara,

We would like to know more about the issue. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Can you give us the screenshot of the dialog box that ask for username and password?
    • Are you able to view the files that are available on your USB?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

1. ALWAYS asks for username and password - Similar Threads - ALWAYS asks username

2. Ask for username and password to execute adminitrative actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ask for username and password to execute adminitrative actions: How can I configure Windows 11 to ask for user and password when I execute an installation, configuration or any action that requires administrative rights when UAC is enabled?I have a Windows 11 Home edition with UAC as allways notify, and when I login with a Account that...
  3. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  4. My computer asking username and password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer asking username and password: Hello there I have my laptop every time to click it it asks for username and password to login to my laptop my username is jacksant000 I know usernames and passwords my password is ant21 I typed my password in and waiting to login please fix this...
  5. My computer asking username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer asking username and password: Hello there I have my laptop every time to click it it asks for username and password to login to my laptop my username is jacksant000 I know usernames and passwords my password is ant21 I typed my password in and waiting to login please fix this...
  6. My computer asking username and password

7. Printer Ask for Username and Password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Ask for Username and Password: Why am I getting this window prompting me with password that I never set up and would like to remove it to be able to access my printer settings over the network? [ATTACH] [Original Title: windows security]...
  8. Netflix App keeps asking for username and password...

Netflix App keeps asking for username and password...: Hey guys, i have the netflix app and everytime i reboot or start it after a few hours i get prompted to login. it doesnt save my login info. is ccleaner maybe cleaning something it shouldnt. i shouldnt have to login everytime i use this app... thanks ! 115054
  9. always ask password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    always ask password: please tell me what to do in order to disable the password from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/always-ask-password/f5a78340-5969-4209-bb88-930f57e9aaed"
  10. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...