Windows 10: Always available offline option is missing in context menu

Discus and support Always available offline option is missing in context menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Always available offline option lets you access the network files even when the connection is not stable between your host and network computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 29, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Always available offline option is missing in context menu

Always available offline option lets you access the network files even when the connection is not stable between your host and network computer. However, if the Always available offline option is missing in the Windows 10 context menu, you can fix it by following these tips. Although this option appears by default in some computers, at times, you might not find it where it should be because of some wrong settings.

Always available offline context menu item is missing

If Always available offline option is missing in Windows 10 context menu, follow these suggestions:

1. Enable offline files
    2. Add Always available offline using Registry
    3. Adjust slow connection checking time
    4. Verify synchronizations conflicts
    5. Increase storage limit for offline files
    1] Enable offline files

Before heading to other solutions, it is recommended to check whether the offline file option is enabled or not. If you haven’t turned it on earlier, you might find this setting handy since it allows you to activate the offline files functionality on your computer. For that, you have to open Control Panel. To do so, search for the control panel in the Taskbar search box, and click on the individual result.

Once it is opened, make sure that the View by setting is set as Large icons. After that, click on the Sync Center option, and select Manage offline files on your left-hand side.

It opens a window named Offline Files, and here you can find an option called Enable offline files.

Always available offline option is missing in context menu always-available-offline-option-missing.png

Click on this button to enable the Always available offline option in the right-click context menu for network files.

Tip: Even if it is enabled by default, you can turn it off by clicking the Disable offline files option and re-enable it by following the aforementioned steps.

2] Add Always available offline using Registry

It is possible to add or remove the Always available offline option using the Registry Editor on your Windows 10 computer. In case you added it earlier but messed things up due to some reason, there could be a situation when you cannot find this specific option where it should be.

Follow this detailed tutorial to add the Always available offline option using Registry Editor.

3] Adjust slow connection checking time

When you enable the Always available offline functionality, it verifies the internet connection every 10 minutes by default. What happens is it checks for slow connection, and if it finds any problem in your network, it lets users continue their work offline. However, if it doesn’t find any issue, it lets users work online. It is possible to get the hidden option by tweaking the slow connection checking time.

To do so, open the Control Panel, go to Sync Center, click on the Manage offline files option, and switch to the Network tab.

Always available offline option is missing in context menu always-available-offline-option-missing-1.png

Here you can find the option you can use to increase or decrease the time in minutes. It is suggested to increase the time accordingly and save the setting by clicking the OK button.

Now, restart your computer and check if it solves the issue or not.

4] Verify synchronizations conflicts

At times, this option goes missing due to some synchronization-related conflicts, which is very common in network computer situations. The good news is that Windows 5 shows all the conflicts so that users can fix the respective issue. For that, open Sync Center in Control Panel, and click on the View sync conflicts option on the left-hand side.

Always available offline option is missing in context menu always-available-offline-option-missing-2.png

If your computer has detected any issue so far, it appears in a list format.

5] Increase storage limit for offline files

When you turn off the offline files feature, it requires some storage space to be stored on your computer. If you are running out of free storage, you might encounter the issue. To verify whether you have some storage left or not, open the Sync Center option in Control Panel, click on the Manage offline files option, and switch to the Disk Usage tab.

Here it shows the available space for storing your offline files on your computer. If you find it not sufficient, it is recommended to increase the storage if possible.

For that, click on the Change limits button, and click on the Yes option in the User Account Control popup.

Always available offline option is missing in context menu always-available-offline-option-missing-3.png

Next, you can increase the storage limit for offline files.

Always available offline option is missing in context menu always-available-offline-option-missing-4.png

However, it is suggested to increase the storage limit for temporary files as well so that you do not get the issue anymore.

At last, click the OK button to save the change.

Tip: You can also delete temporary files that get stored automatically when you use a network file to do some work. To remove them, click on the Delete temporary files button in the Offline Files window.

At last, click on the OK button to save the change. Then, restart your computer, and check if it solves the issue or not.

That’s all!

Always available offline option is missing in context menu always-available-offline-option-missing.png
    This article Always available offline option is missing in context menu first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 29, 2021
  2. PeteCursi Win User

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

PeteCursi, May 29, 2021
  3. New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).

When I right mouse click in windows 10 the context menu is missing new file folder option

***Modified Title from: When I right mouse click in Windows 10 the context menu is missing new filefolder***

MarkWilliston, May 29, 2021
  4. Always available offline option is missing in context menu

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Always available offline option is missing in context menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Always available offline option is missing in context menu

1. Always available offline option is missing in context menu - Similar Threads - Always available offline

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Missing context menu options following update

Missing context menu options following update: Hello team,Following a recent update, I am missing my context menu options. I have been able to restore the WinRAR ones via the app, but OneDrive options are limited. This is significantly impacting my workflow as I sync alot of work folders with my local machine and share...
  5. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

"Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  6. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  7. Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options: I have a home PC on Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042 with the following context menu options.My work PC is on Windows 10.0.19043 Build 19043 almost identical with the following context menu options.I'm trying to install something that depends on having the Toolbars option which...
  8. How to add or remove Always Available Offline from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Always Available Offline from Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, […] This article How to add or remove Always Available Offline from Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  10. Options missing from file context menu.

Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...