Windows 10: Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online

Discus and support Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; we are using windows 10 pro ,when pc is idel for more time we are observing pc not communicating and we have to disable then enable network adapter to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shafi_786, Nov 19, 2018.

1. shafi_786 Win User

Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online

we are using windows 10 pro ,when pc is idel for more time we are observing pc not communicating and we have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online.

:)

shafi_786, Nov 19, 2018

2. Other Ways To Enable Network Adaptor

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps below to enable or disable the Network adapter.

• Right click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select Disable/Enable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Network adapter keeps disabling

Hi Taran,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you with the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due network adapter driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods:

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the network driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online

Cannot connect to WiFi unless I Disable/Enable network in Change Adapter Settings

Hi Rana,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are able to find the drivers in Device Manager, check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status

Step 3: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Wi-Fi network for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online

1. Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online - Similar Threads - Always disable enable

2. Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online: i tried plugging and unplugging it too and after many tries it works but i have to do that everytime and this is since i got my pc, i tried to update the drivers, the troubleshoot, uninstalling it then installing the adapter again even changing the cable and it didnt work...
  3. Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online: i tried plugging and unplugging it too and after many tries it works but i have to do that everytime and this is since i got my pc, i tried to update the drivers, the troubleshoot, uninstalling it then installing the adapter again even changing the cable and it didnt work...
  4. Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter getting automatically disabled: Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11bgn 2.4GHZ".This driver is getting automatically disable and hence my laptop does not connect to wifi. And I have...
  6. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

Network adapter getting automatically disabled: Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11bgn 2.4GHZ".This driver is getting automatically disable and hence my laptop does not connect to wifi. And I have...
  7. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Internet connection always goes down, have to disable network adapter and enable and it...

Internet connection always goes down, have to disable network adapter and enable and it...: At random times my Windows 11 installation always disconnects from the Internet. Upon looking at my network adapter status it always says "no internet". If I disable the network adapter and then enable it again it will re-connect to the Internet just fine. After random times...
  9. Internet connection always goes down, have to disable network adapter and enable and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection always goes down, have to disable network adapter and enable and it...: At random times my Windows 11 installation always disconnects from the Internet. Upon looking at my network adapter status it always says "no internet". If I disable the network adapter and then enable it again it will re-connect to the Internet just fine. After random times...
  10. Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows How to Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows A network adapter is a computer hardware component that connects a computer to a computer network known as a network connection. This tutorial will show you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after win 10 update have to disable and then anable adaptor to get internet#

2. having to disable and enable ethernet