Windows 10: Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD; occurs strictly when gaming

Discus and support Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD; occurs strictly when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past few months, I have been experiencing this BSOD at random times whenever I'm gaming. It usually happens after an extended period of time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nitori, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Nitori Win User

Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD; occurs strictly when gaming

Over the past few months, I have been experiencing this BSOD at random times whenever I'm gaming. It usually happens after an extended period of time (at least 30 minutes), and it seems to happen for any game.

The BSODs I experience are always the same. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Never anything else. And BlueScreenView always points to ntoskrnl.exe, which implies that it's very likely video driver related.

I have continually updated my drivers whenever the BSOD happens, to no avail. Thus, I can only assume that the issue goes beyond the GPU driver. I'm convinced that my GPU is dying (degrading/deteriorating); it's almost three years old, which may be causing these BSODs.

The minidump can be analyzed here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kv0tp30xa8b9ego/062019-13984-01.dmp?dl=0

If somebody could analyze the minidump and tell me what the culprit could be, that would be great. Thank you very much!

:)

Nitori, Jun 20, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 20, 2019
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: dxgkrnl.s

Hi guys, I've been getting some crashes on my computer lately. Soft crashes from games which do not require a full computer restart. However, I have noted the following:

1) On one occasion when running a semi-GPU intensive program, I experienced a BSOD with the error code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I don't think I have the .dmp file for this anymore.
    2) I was running a virus scan overnight and turned my monitors off. By the next morning, when I turned on my monitors (and pressing keys on my keyboard to wake it up), I was met with a BSOD. Checking the minidump file indicated to me that the BSOD only occurred when I sent input to my keyboard, meaning that the scan and PC was running all night/morning, up until that point. In this minidump, it pinpointed that dxgkrnl.sys failed.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

• Full scan with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender
    • Uninstall Nvidia drivers with DDU and install the most recent drivers (and even tried an older one too)
    • Full mem86 test - PASS
    • Furmark test - no crashes

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5...C5pA6kCPd2lFVL

• Specs:
    • Windows 10 Pro (V. 1803)
    • GTX1080
    • Tomahawk B350
    • 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz

Appreciate any suggestions or advice to keep this from happening!

anonalchemist, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Ctuchik Win User

BSOD: 0x00000124 Occurs when gaming.

I have attached the zip file as per the BSOD posting Instructions.

Error as it occurs and steps taken:

• Can leave PC idle and it will not BSOD
    • Can do general browsing/surfing/video viewing w/o issue
    • Have performed Prime95 CPU stress test(ran for over an hour w/o issue)
    • Have used "Real Temp" to verify that no cores are getting overheated. (Stays between 30-45 degrees Celsius even while gaming)
    • So far the issue has only occurred when Playing games on my pc. (Games of Note include Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne)
    • BlueScreenViewer by Nirsoft has identified the faulty driver as "Hal.dll" caused by address" hal.dll+35f1f"(this address has occurred in each BSOD.

This is a brand new PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 Home Edition x64(not an upgrade).

Have installed all up to date drivers for Chipset, Audio, and Graphics card from their respective manufacturers.

Any help in solving this issue would be appreciated.

EDIT: UPDATE:
    BSOD occurred an additional time. Same information from what I can gather via BluescreenViewer. Based on what little information was available online; I performed a RAM test (was shorter than I would like for 16GB worth, but it completed successfully). I then booted into BIOS and found that some voltage and other settings were manually adjusted (I didn't set this). Only thing I can figure is some of the base ASUS software I installed with the drivers changed some settings.

I have since uninstalled all unnecessary ASUS Software and changed BIOS Settings back to "Optimized Defaults". This put almost all voltage value to "Auto".

I will keep this post alive, but if I don't BSOD again by Monday I will consider it solved.

Thanks again for any help you are able to provide.

Ctuchik, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD; occurs strictly when gaming - Similar Threads - Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

2. when playing game ,bsod occur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when playing game ,bsod occur: https://wwb.lanzouj.com/ifitz04623xethanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-game-bsod-occur/e0796a2a-f559-4f31-b318-19c739e59688
  3. when playing game ,bsod occur

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when playing game ,bsod occur: https://wwb.lanzouj.com/ifitz04623xethanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-game-bsod-occur/e0796a2a-f559-4f31-b318-19c739e59688
  4. when playing game ,bsod occur

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming: So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite suddenly. My PC was overclocked and XMP was on so I've reset that to default in case that was causing any issues. I've got 16GB...
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: Hi guys, I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I played hours of WAREZONE yesterday and didn't have a problem. All part are brand new. Can someone help me? I've attached V2 Log...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam: I recently got myself a new PC, i installed Windows 10 Education with a bootable USB-Stick and downloaded and installed all the drivers. I can browse the Internet for hours and hours and nothing bad ever happens, but whenever I start a download in Steam my PC crashes and I...
  8. BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello everyone, hopefully someone here can help me with this issue I've been having on and off for the past few months. I built this PC myself back in October using new parts and a PSU and one backup HDD from my old build. It has been running great up until around...
  9. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...
  10. BSOD Usually Skyping not always, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Usually Skyping not always, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: This has been a reoccurring issue for a long time and can go and come back periodically. This has been happening more frequently while Skyping and using my WebCam, Logitech pro c920, with the default Windows Drivers for it. Nothing ever triggers the BSOD as it can happen when...