Windows 10: Always move deleted files to recycle bin

Discus and support Always move deleted files to recycle bin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings All, When I want to delete a file, or multiple files at once, I don't want file explorer to permanently delete it, I want them to always go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jjlongiii, Feb 5, 2020.

1. jjlongiii Win User

Always move deleted files to recycle bin

Greetings All,

When I want to delete a file, or multiple files at once, I don't want file explorer to permanently delete it, I want them to always go to the recycle bin. Is there a setting or any way to turn off the "permanently delete" feature?

:)

jjlongiii, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Deleting items in Recycle Bin

Hi Holly,

For further assistance, we'd like to ask to following:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Always move deleted files to recycle bin

No delete confirmation for Favorites, nothing in Recycle Bin

Thank you for clarifying. My apologies as I thought that Don't move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted
    was enabled.

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Does the bypass issue with Recycle Bin also happens to other type of files?

Upon further researching, the Recycle Bin could possibly be corrupted. You can reset the Recycle Bin by performing the steps below:

1. Click on Start, search for Command Prompt and right-click on it and select
    Run as administrator.

2. In the Command Prompt window, type and enter the command below:

rd /s /q C:$Recycle.bin

In addition, holding the Shift key while deleting a file can also cause the file to be erased without it going in the Recycle Bin first.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Always move deleted files to recycle bin

1. Always move deleted files to recycle bin - Similar Threads - Always move deleted

2. Recycle bin deleted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin deleted my files: I selected the files in the recycle bin, and pressed restore. Now they are gone. Where are my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-deleted-my-files/ed159ac7-5ea3-4f4b-832b-b399da342e5a
  3. Recycle bin automatically deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin automatically deleting files: Running Windows 8.1 - How do I stop the Recycle Bin from automatically deleting the items in case I want to restore a deleted file? The deleted files used to stay in the Recycle Bin until I deleted them. Now, a deleted file doesn't even make it to the Recycle Bin, it just...
  4. Recycle bin automatically deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin automatically deleting files: Running Windows 8.1 - How do I stop the Recycle Bin from automatically deleting the items in case I want to restore a deleted file? The deleted files used to stay in the Recycle Bin until I deleted them. Now, a deleted file doesn't even make it to the Recycle Bin, it just...
  5. Deleted files from recycle bin

Deleted files from recycle bin: Somehow, I did not do it, emptied the recycle bin with files I wanted to recover later. Is there a way to get those files back? I use the Recuva from CCleaner and it can't find them. Says I have a Harddisk Volume2 that's unable to determine file system type...don't know what...
  6. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  7. Deleted files on a nas moving to a recycle bin folder

Deleted files on a nas moving to a recycle bin folder: the thing was wondering how you make it so that when you delete a file on a nas it moves it to the recycle bin instead of deleting it permanently. My nas drive letter is Z: in case it matters or if it will help. I am running windows 10 20h2. Would I need to stage a recycle...
  8. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  9. recycle bin and deleting certain files

recycle bin and deleting certain files: I like to keep my deleted files for a month or so before I delete entirely. Since I've had W10, I've found the Recycle Bin does not work properly. I've worked around it but I'm sick of it and would like the damn thing to work as it should. At the beginning of every month,...
  10. Can't move files into the Recycle Bin

Can't move files into the Recycle Bin: I have a new HP Envy laptop running the current Windows 10 SW. I have a pair of .PNG files and a PDF file on my desktop that I cannot "delete" or "move" into the Recycle Bin. I have administrator permissions. The Recycle Bin "properties" indicates there is over 118GB of...