Windows 10: Always my files in view list how to?

Discus and support Always my files in view list how to? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, How can I set as default to see my files in list and not as medium or big icons? Thanks Came [img] [img] 135480 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by camelia, Jun 25, 2019.

1. camelia Win User

Always my files in view list how to?

Hello,

How can I set as default to see my files in list and not as medium or big icons?
    Thanks
    Came

Always my files in view list how to? [​IMG]

Always my files in view list how to? [​IMG]

:)

camelia, Jun 25, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 25, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Always my files in view list how to? - Similar Threads - Always files view

2. Last column of list view in File Explorer issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last column of list view in File Explorer issue: When I double click to open a file in the last column to the right side of the list view in File Explorer, and there are long file names among the list so the last column is not completely in the window, instead of opening the file, it advances to the next column. Then I have...
  3. How do I view my wish list?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I view my wish list?: Greetings, I've clicked on the wish list (heart) icon to add an app to my wish list. How can I view my wish list? When I go back to the same app, it shows as not being added to my wish list. Thanks, Shane....
  4. List view not show

in Windows 10 Support
    List view not show: Win10 1803 *.ico files no longer display in list view ["Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked]. In windows 7 I have no problem when thumbnails is disabled [I could view icons in list view...]. Default app for .ico file type is set to Photos App. 122152
  5. How do I view .ithmb file On My PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I view .ithmb file On My PC: as title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-view-ithmb-file-on-my-pc/fc17367d-b06d-43d9-92ed-3b4fbcb85d25"
  6. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?: Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that? 111614
  7. compatibility view lists

in Browsers and Email
    compatibility view lists: Well this seems to be a nag on every start up :/ I've never found any use for Microsoft's comp-view lists so I uncheck the option Alt+TB For both but seems this produces a popup on start of ie11 on win-10 9860 :/ Might have try another browser if that's the case *Tongue...
  8. How to view my .dmp files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to view my .dmp files: For Windows 7 I used to use Bluescreeneventviewer to find out the error type when I would crash but since it doesn't work for me with W10 I am unsure how to view them and they are stored differently than before. Instead of a Minidump folder they are in...
  9. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  10. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262