Windows 10: "Always on top" Windows 10 Feature

Discus and support "Always on top" Windows 10 Feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does Windows 10 support an "Always on Top" feature / hot key, or is there a third-party program you can recommend?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BigKetchup, Apr 1, 2020.

1. "Always on top" Windows 10 Feature

Does Windows 10 support an "Always on Top" feature / hot key, or is there a third-party program you can recommend?

:)

BigKetchup, Apr 1, 2020

2. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

"Always on top" Windows 10 Feature [​IMG]

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

"Always on top" Windows 10 Feature

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

"Always on top" Windows 10 Feature

1. "Always on top" Windows 10 Feature - Similar Threads - Always top Feature

2. Window always on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on top: Recently One of my programs has changed to be "always on top" of other windows - when I click on another window or pop up windows from the program they always go behind the window - forcing me to minimize the main window.Is there a way to disable this feature.Currently using...
  3. Window always on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on top: Recently One of my programs has changed to be "always on top" of other windows - when I click on another window or pop up windows from the program they always go behind the window - forcing me to minimize the main window.Is there a way to disable this feature.Currently using...
  4. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  5. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  6. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. did they remove the always on top feature on the calculator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    did they remove the always on top feature on the calculator?: I tried looking for the button but it seems to have disappeared. Is there any way to bring it back? It's really annoying having it disappear every time I go back to my browser. I have assignments to do damnit! submitted by /u/MoltenHydrogen [link] [comments]...
  8. Always On Top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always On Top: Is there a way to keep a screen on top of other windows in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-top/6fe06a63-18e8-4ef7-b0d4-75658cda3397
  9. Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features: One of our top requested #WindowsCalculator features is the ability to keep Calculator on top of other windows as you work—you'll soon be able to do just that! Also, tiny calculator!! *Arrow Add the ability for users to pin Calculator on top of other windows . Issue #78 ....
  10. Calculator app in Windows 10 soon to get always on top feature

in Windows 10 News
    Calculator app in Windows 10 soon to get always on top feature: One of our top requested #WindowsCalculator features is the ability to keep Calculator on top of other windows as you work—you'll soon be able to do just that! Also, tiny calculator!! *Arrow Add the ability for users to pin Calculator on top of other windows . Issue #78 ....