Windows 10: Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

Discus and support Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, We have an Always On VPN configured that was working great, as soon as you login it would auto connect almost instantly. Since configuring Skype... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by logic_work, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

Hi,

We have an Always On VPN configured that was working great, as soon as you login it would auto connect almost instantly. Since configuring Skype for Business via Office 365 it now always prompts saying "action needed" and we have to pick the correct certificate before proceeding. Both are user certificates, the one from our internal CA is the correct one and if selected works however the 2nd one is issued by Communications Server and does not work, this makes sense as it is a Skype cert and only valid for the 1 day.

If you log off or the machine hibernates etc. then when it reconnects you get the "action needed" alert on the VPN and you have to select the correct certificate again.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the Always On VPN to only attempt to use the cert from our CA?

One other thing to note that I am unsure if it would cause the issue is that we have also enabled Azure AD Hybrid join. However the cert appears only if Skype is enabled and logged in/starting up before the VPN kicks in.

Thanks

:)

logic_work, Nov 28, 2018

2. How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

I have one VPN Client that uses SSTP connection to my VPN Server, but it requires a certificate from the VPN Server and i don't know how to create it.

I have this error 0x800B0109:

"A Certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider"

Be4stElectrjc, Nov 28, 2018
  3. certificate error. navigation

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you receive certificate error. navigation on web browser and I'd be certainly help you.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Which browser are you referring to ?
    • Have you cross checked this issue on other browsers?
    • Which is the website, you are redirected to?
    A site's certificate allows Internet Explorer to establish a secure connection with the site. Certificate errors occur when there's a problem with a certificate or a web server's use of the certificate.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Yaqub from the following link if you are using Internet Explorer browser.

Certificate error on Internet Explorer, error message that states the content from the site was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.
    Note: applies to Windows 10.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 28, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

I only know how to do it with my router which is my VPN server. There is a link on the router setup page for VPN that provides the certificate. Without knowing what you are using for a VPN server it is hard for anyone to answer your question.

NavyLCDR, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

1. Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates - Similar Threads - Always VPN certificate

2. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificate Authority and VPN issues: Hi all Apologises as this is all rather new to me. The other day we had issues with our remote users accessing VPN they had error messages like the below. After a lot of digging around it transpired our Certificate Authority server which is a virtual machine had an issue with...
  3. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certificate Authority and VPN issues: Hi all Apologises as this is all rather new to me. The other day we had issues with our remote users accessing VPN they had error messages like the below. After a lot of digging around it transpired our Certificate Authority server which is a virtual machine had an issue with...
  4. Certificate Authority and VPN issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WinRM certificate error

WinRM certificate error: I have fix that error. I run every things again,and here have the same error. I don't have domain name.https://www.visualstudiogeeks.com/devops/how-to-configure-winrm-for-https-manually...
  6. certificate problem make VPN not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    certificate problem make VPN not work: i have 2 VPN and both dont work from one of my computers but they do from other of my computers. from the the comuter that does not work the following messages appear VPN 1 " A required certification is not within its validity period when verifying against the current...
  7. certificate errors

certificate errors: when attempting connect to a digital camera remotely I receive certificate errors. All 3 browsers behave the same. What is the official resolution to this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certificate-errors/97ea1b00-ff31-4bbb-b3cf-10860924b5ce
  8. Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate

Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate: Hi, got a new vpn solution setup at work that uses machine certificates on our laptops for authentication. im trying to setup the vpn ... i select IKEv2 as the authentication type and then i get the extra option for machine certificates. but it tries to connect, looks...
  9. Certificate Error: Navigation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Certificate Error: Navigation: While using WIFI at a hot spot such as Burger King when I tried to access Facebook Messenger or Facebook I get an error message that the sites security certificate is not trusted. How can I tell my computer to trust the site and go to it anyway...such as Facebook?...
  10. How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?: I have one VPN Client that uses SSTP connection to my VPN Server, but it requires a certificate from the VPN Server and i don't know how to create it. I have this error 0x800B0109: "A Certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not...