Windows 10: Always On VPN Forced Tunnel with exception for Microsoft Teams

Discus and support Always On VPN Forced Tunnel with exception for Microsoft Teams in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Support Forum, I am working with a client to deploy Always On VPN (AONVPN) using a forced tunnel approach. However the client requires that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by victorbassey, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Always On VPN Forced Tunnel with exception for Microsoft Teams

Dear Support Forum,

I am working with a client to deploy Always On VPN (AONVPN) using a forced tunnel approach. However the client requires that Microsoft teams traffic be allowed to go directly rather than via the VPN tunnel. So basically all traffic needs to route via the corporate network with the exception of MS Teams due to performance issues for real-time audio/video. i am wondering what is the best way to achieve this type of routing? any advise will be very helpful.

i am using Windows 10 client, RRAS 2016 Server, and NPS 2016 server.

Regards

victor

:)

victorbassey, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Using VPN Connection

I can connect to vpn's (PPTP and L2TP) using the built in vpn client on the device but when I need to make IPSec vpn connections I use the bluefire vpn client
    www.bluefiresecurity.com . The client is $79 but you only need this software if you need IPSec vpn connections. for L2TP and PPTP connections the built in vpn client works just fine (with the exception
    of connecing to a watchguard PPTP endpoint). Automatic vpn connection will only work if

• You use netbios names with a connection manager aware application (I.E. windows media player, outlook mobile, internet explorer mobile, file explorer and a few others) and just enter the name without any dots in it.

• For addresses with dots in the name (I.E. yourserver.domain.whatever) you should enter the root domain in your exceptions list. So in the exceptions list you would enter *.yourdomain.whatever to match anything to that domain. If you have a sub domain
      (I.E. yourserver.sub.domain.whatever) and you wanted only to match the sub domain you can enter *.sub.domain.whatever). With this entry in the exceptions list you can now use those dotted addresses. Exceptions is necessary if you plan on trying to connect
      to anything with a dotted address through the vpn tunnel because the conneciton manager interprets dotted addresses as if you wanted to be on the internet and it will drop the tunnel even if you manually initiate the vpn tunnel.

Also note that when you setup your vpn connection don't put the connection in the "internet" settings, put it in the "work" settings as connection manager interprets vpn as a "work" connection and won't allow you to connect to a vpn that's set as "internet"

Eric Hicks, Oct 25, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Always On VPN Forced Tunnel with exception for Microsoft Teams

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Always On VPN Forced Tunnel with exception for Microsoft Teams :D

P4-630, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Always On VPN Forced Tunnel with exception for Microsoft Teams

1. Always On VPN Forced Tunnel with exception for Microsoft Teams - Similar Threads - Always VPN Forced

2. Always on VPN Multicast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always on VPN Multicast: Hi,We have a software which is installed on staff members computers that connects to a gateway server onsite we would like to use this over VPN for when staff members access it at home, but it doesn't seem to be working over VPN, but works fine on site. The software uses...
  3. Azure Forced tunnel over a s2s tunnel via VPN gateway is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Forced tunnel over a s2s tunnel via VPN gateway is not working: Tutorial – Create & manage a VPN gateway – Azure portal - Azure VPN Gateway Microsoft LearnHow to implement the Azure Forced Tunneling via S2S VPN · Jorge BernhardtWe have a s2s tunnel between our data center PaloAlto FW and a VPN gateway in Azure. We can reach everything...
  4. Azure Forced tunnel over a s2s tunnel via VPN gateway is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure Forced tunnel over a s2s tunnel via VPN gateway is not working: Tutorial – Create & manage a VPN gateway – Azure portal - Azure VPN Gateway Microsoft LearnHow to implement the Azure Forced Tunneling via S2S VPN · Jorge BernhardtWe have a s2s tunnel between our data center PaloAlto FW and a VPN gateway in Azure. We can reach everything...
  5. Always on VPN Tunnel Options

Always on VPN Tunnel Options: Looking at this i believe using the Tunnel combination of Device and User is the most secure config anyone got guidance around this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-vpn-tunnel-options/6411fe4f-307a-4606-8888-aaf5b590aae4
  6. Always On VPN

Always On VPN: Looking for some consensus around the Tunnel options for Always on VPN my first thought is that using them in parallel would be the most secure option ? Appreciate any feedback on other users experiences based on a user group 6k+...
  7. Always on VPN Device Tunnel Issue with Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always on VPN Device Tunnel Issue with Feature Update 2004: Hello all, I've searched around on how to submit a bug report but I was unable to figure out where to do it so I hope this is appropriate. If this is not the proper place to report this issue, where do I need to go? I have Always on VPN user and device tunnels deployed...
  8. Always On VPN Device Tunnel not starting automatically when device Boots up.

Always On VPN Device Tunnel not starting automatically when device Boots up.: Always On VPN Device Tunnel not starting automatically when device Boots up. When laptop turns on it does not automatically connect to the Always On VPN until I trigger it by disabling wireless and then enabling it....
  9. Always on VPN?

Always on VPN?: Hello, I have setup a VPN server. Is it possible to have a always on VPN connection? Like, if I connect my laptop to the internet, it will instantly connect to the VPN and will not disconnect? Even if I disconnect, it should reconnect again. Is that possible? 128623
  10. Always on VPN

Always on VPN: Hello, I have a issue with Always on VPN. Some user can not connect to Always ON VPN, it says "There are no more Files" and when i check in Logbook the time connection was made i get error code 18. Before it helped just to upgrade Windows version to 1809 but even in that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Teams is VPN use with teams necessary?