Windows 10: Always Show Menus appears to be broken

Discus and support Always Show Menus appears to be broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I upgraded to Windows 10 last month, but I've just noticed this minor but somewhat annoying issue with the File Explorer. It isn't immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huckleberrypie, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Always Show Menus appears to be broken

So, I upgraded to Windows 10 last month, but I've just noticed this minor but somewhat annoying issue with the File Explorer. It isn't immediately noticeable as the Ribbon largely supplanted it, but on certain Explorer windows such as in the legacy Control Panel, I end up with this:

Always Show Menus appears to be broken [​IMG]

Tried uninstalling my custom themes and other hacks to no avail, and now I'm at a loss at this. As what I've said before, this is a minor, non-crticial issue, but still it irks me for a bit.

:)

huckleberrypie, Aug 27, 2015

2. about windows 10 red screen

hi

it is always showing red screen where all blue screen appear on the task bar start menu starting screen etc

can you please solve this

patel siddharth, Aug 27, 2015
  3. BadgerB Win User
    Can no longer open ftp files in wondows 10

Actually, I was just able to get this working by opening file explorer and using

ftp://<address>

It pops up asking for my credentials and then I can use file explorer to transfer files back and forth.

It's actually better IMHO than 7 or 8 where you had to open it in the browser and then use the show in file explorer menu item.

The "Show in File Explorer" menu item does appear to be broken in Windows 10 though.

BadgerB, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Always Show Menus appears to be broken

What is it supposed to do? I don't think I've ever had that option checked.

Edit: I see, I just tried it. It shows the Menu bar on all windows that support it. Works on my Win 10 system okay.

Ztruker, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Yeah, but not in my case. Regardless of whether the option is ticked or not it still shows.

huckleberrypie, Aug 28, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    Try deleting "AlwaysShowMenus" at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced in Registry Editor.

7. Tried doing that to a T, and yet the menu bar still shows up.

huckleberrypie, Aug 29, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

I can't help any further then. Do new users have the same problem? If they don't, can create a new user, copy over documents, browser settings and whatnot, then delete the old one.

9. New accounts don't appear to exhibit the menu bar issue, but I can't just move to another one as I'd end up reconfiguring things in the process.

huckleberrypie, Aug 30, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Can you get rid of the Menu bar by right clicking in that area and unchecking Menu bar?

Ztruker, Aug 30, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Aug 30, 2015
  12. Nope, the only option I get is "Lock the toolbars".

13. Ztruker Win User

This has to be a registry problem since a new account doesn't have it happen.

Ztruker, Aug 30, 2015
  14. As what I was thinking.

15. And no, the IE registry trick didn't work either. :/

huckleberrypie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Always Show Menus appears to be broken - Similar Threads - Always Show Menus

2. Context Menus, Application Windows Appearing Extremely Large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menus, Application Windows Appearing Extremely Large: een experiencing this issue for a few days now and dont know how to fix it. Some of the applications in the task tray have extremely huge context menus and/or when viewing the application, it is also extremely large and unusable. Windows 11...
  3. Context Menus, Application Windows Appearing Extremely Large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Context Menus, Application Windows Appearing Extremely Large: een experiencing this issue for a few days now and dont know how to fix it. Some of the applications in the task tray have extremely huge context menus and/or when viewing the application, it is also extremely large and unusable. Windows 11...
  4. SDD not always showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SDD not always showing: My old PC failed totally (motherboard fault, I think) but my hard drives were OK - a 2TB and a 250GB SSD. It was a very old Packard Bell. I've bought a reconditioned HP Elite desk top witha 1TB HB with Win10 64bit Home already installed. It works OK but, as I wanted not only...
  5. SDD not always showing

in Windows 10 Support
    SDD not always showing: My old PC failed totally (motherboard fault, I think) but my hard drives were OK - a 2TB and a 250GB SSD. It was a very old Packard Bell. I've bought a reconditioned HP Elite desk top witha 1TB HB with Win10 64bit Home already installed. It works OK but, as I wanted not only...
  6. Menus now appearing behind windows instead of in front

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Menus now appearing behind windows instead of in front: Here's a stumper for ya! I booted up today to discover that none of the menu bars in programs like Photoshop, Hammer, or Notepad were working. I'd click on the word and it would turn a deeper shade of pale blue but nothing else happened. The right-click menus didn't appear...
  7. Show shadows under windows, but not menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show shadows under windows, but not menus: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll bite anyway: Is there a possibility to have shadows under windows (as per the checkbox in the Advanced System Settings), but not menus? Is there a registry hack or utility that will allow for such an option? [img]...
  8. Show shadows under windows, but not menus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Show shadows under windows, but not menus: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll bite anyway: Is there a possibility to have shadows under windows (as per the checkbox in the Advanced System Settings), but not menus? Is there a registry hack or utility that will allow for such an option? [img]...
  9. Microsoft Games Servers Appear Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Games Servers Appear Broken: I have premium subscriptions for a couple of the various Microsoft Games, such as Ultimate Word Games. Whenever I open the game, however, I am still seeing ads, and I am not receiving the double bonus points. From what I can see of the Facebook page the "support" button...
  10. Exiting tablet mode makes panels/menus appear

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Exiting tablet mode makes panels/menus appear: Hi, I'm working on a Surface Pro 4 and, since about 1 month, I have problems when exiting from tablet mode. The panels/menu (don't know the right name :-() in OneNote and in Firefox opens : In OneNote, the problem occurs with the panel that usually opens in full screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always show menus windows 10