Windows 10: Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

Discus and support Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When you select files in windows explorer, there is a pane on the right hand side that will show details about the selected files. If you select more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Citizen Snips, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

When you select files in windows explorer, there is a pane on the right hand side that will show details about the selected files. If you select more than 15 files, the details section automatically disappears and is replaced with a "show more details" link that must be clicked to restore the details section.

Is it possible to make it such that the details section is always shown, regardless of the number of files selected? The fact that the pane disappears exactly at 16 files leads me to believe it's specified in a registry setting somewhere.

:)

Citizen Snips, Dec 1, 2018

2. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected? windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

1. Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected? - Similar Threads - Always show more

2. File explorer crashes when I select 2 or more files and select the show more options button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crashes when I select 2 or more files and select the show more options button.: I've been trying to install some fonts but I realized that file explorer crashes when I try to select 2 or more files and then select the more options button to install some fonts. I tried with all sorts of files but it always crashes. But when I select 2 or more folders, and...
  3. File explorer crashes when I select 2 or more files and select the show more options button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer crashes when I select 2 or more files and select the show more options button.: I've been trying to install some fonts but I realized that file explorer crashes when I try to select 2 or more files and then select the more options button to install some fonts. I tried with all sorts of files but it always crashes. But when I select 2 or more folders, and...
  4. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them: Prior to the recent updates, I could select multiple files in File Explorer and it would provide the total size for the selection in the right hand column. Now it only shows the number of files selected and provides instructions to select only one file to get the size. I need...
  5. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them: Prior to the recent updates, I could select multiple files in File Explorer and it would provide the total size for the selection in the right hand column. Now it only shows the number of files selected and provides instructions to select only one file to get the size. I need...
  6. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...: When using File explorer I find useful to display file details Title, Tag, Keyword, Object, Comments, Properties, ... in addition to the default details filename, ype, size, last modification. I have added these details and they are essential for me for classifying documents...
  8. Explorer always shows details by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer always shows details by default: Is it just me or someone else thinks that detail view is really outdated and now is just annoying. Any folder that you access, by default has lots of screen space occupied with 'unnecessary' details, forcing you to scroll down and seek further to find what you're looking...
  9. Explorer windows always show size of selected files

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer windows always show size of selected files: Hello again... its me Margret...hehehe *cough* Anyway another dumb question, you know in the explorer window on the bottom left of the screen when you select files it shows the number of files and the total size, I nee tot he total size and number always showing it...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119