Windows 10: Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.

Discus and support Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Microsoft. As stated in the title, my computer always faces the lost connection on the internet or VPN every SINGLE 15 minutes after I open my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Windows Category - All, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.

Hi, Microsoft.

As stated in the title, my computer always faces the lost connection on the internet or VPN every SINGLE 15 minutes after I open my computer, and this happens after I finished the latest window update. I have searched for a couple of ways to solve this problem. Unfortunately, they all didn't work.

I will appreciate if your team could bring us a solution.

Thank you!

Best,

Yap

:)

Windows Category - All, Aug 30, 2020
  2. aj99000 Win User

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Aug 30, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Knoxx29 Win User

Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.

1. Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update. - Similar Threads - Always Suddenly Lost

2. Lost internet connection in Windows 11 after installing latest update. reset adaptors to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet connection in Windows 11 after installing latest update. reset adaptors to...: troubleshooter told me I did not have driver for adaptor, reset to factory fixed the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-internet-connection-in-windows-11-after/4e9f2a5a-a86a-416b-a99d-ee2054b78a31
  3. Lost internet connection in Windows 11 after installing latest update. reset adaptors to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost internet connection in Windows 11 after installing latest update. reset adaptors to...: troubleshooter told me I did not have driver for adaptor, reset to factory fixed the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-internet-connection-in-windows-11-after/4e9f2a5a-a86a-416b-a99d-ee2054b78a31
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  5. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  6. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. No Internet Connection After Using VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection After Using VPN: Hi, my PC couldn’t connect to the internet every now and then after I use my VPN. It’s been going on for a year, and every time I had to soft format / format my PC completely. It’s really a hassle. And I just noticed recently that the cause was the VPN. Any help on how to...
  8. No internet connection after disabling vpn.

No internet connection after disabling vpn.: why can't I connect to internet after disabling ipvanish (vpn). I enable vpn and I can browse, but when disabled the internet will not connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-after-disabling-vpn/6f20375e-6cfd-4d3e-ba5c-c8eee0f5d89e
  9. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  10. No internet connection after latest update on 10074

No internet connection after latest update on 10074: 3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various settings. After starting computer...