Windows 10: Always takes a ridiculously long time to search for things on c drive in windows explorer

Discus and support Always takes a ridiculously long time to search for things on c drive in windows explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve never had a PC before, I got this 2 months ago. It’s great and extremely fast, I got it cause I do music and need 0 latency while playing guitar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/574279, Oct 27, 2020.

1. /u/574279 Win User

Always takes a ridiculously long time to search for things on c drive in windows explorer

I’ve never had a PC before, I got this 2 months ago. It’s great and extremely fast, I got it cause I do music and need 0 latency while playing guitar through software. It’s fast in every way except for this. It takes several minutes to search for something literally every time. Whenever I used finder on Mac it would conduct the search almost instantly even though there was much more space taken up on the hard drive and it was a much slower computer. And is there any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/574279
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/574279, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Searching in Windows Explorer

I run Win10 on one PC and one Surface. Recently I found that on the PC the Explorer Search function fails to find anything in the one cloud-based storage I use (Google Drive). As soon as I type even one
    character into the search box I get the message "No items match your search". Searches work perfectly in local drives. Searches on the Surface work perfectly on local drives and on Google Drive.

I have tried rebuilding the index, but that hasn't helped, though I'm not sure that Google Drive is included. It is not listed as a separate drive when I set up the index options, but it is there as a folder(?)
    under c:\users\...\, so presumably indexing the C-drive will automatically index Google Drive?

Any help and suggestions will be gratefully received.

adrian_jhb, Oct 27, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Always takes a ridiculously long time to search for things on c drive in windows explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Always takes a ridiculously long time to search for things on c drive in windows explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Always takes a ridiculously long time to search for things on c drive in windows explorer - Similar Threads - Always takes ridiculously

2. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  3. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  4. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  6. Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function?: Hello all, I try to right-click on files whilst exploring files in Windows Explorer. As of late, it's taken a while for the contextual window to appear. Does anyone know why this may be? 175606
  7. Windows update search take long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update search take long time: Hi, I have a problem since today, since the last windows 20H2 update. When I want to search an update the loading searching take a very long time (~25mn) and I have an error and I can clic on retry. I want to know if this is a known problem ? Thx submitted by /u/TheMagiiK...
  8. Windows explorer: Thumbnails take a long time to generate

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer: Thumbnails take a long time to generate: Hello everyone. I recently noticed that it would take Windows a long time to generate the thumbnails in Windows Explorer when there are sub-folders a couple of levels deep. If there are no sub-folders or sub-folders just one level deep, then the thumbnails would instantly...
  9. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...: As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file. File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute whenever I right click something. Disabled most of the shell extensions that caused trouble but it still lags a lot. I just...
  10. Search indexing is taking a remarkably long time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Search indexing is taking a remarkably long time.: Yesterday, I restored my system from a system image that I had made the night before with Macrium Reflect Free. It worked fine, except that when I logged into Windows and typed a search term in the Start Menu, I saw a message saying that search indexing was turned off (a...