Windows 10: AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2 issues on shared connection

Discus and support AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2 issues on shared connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, we have some users that have issues connecting to the AlwaysOn VPN. This only seems to occur to couples that work at the same company.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FreakyNL, Apr 16, 2021.

1. FreakyNL Win User

AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2 issues on shared connection

Hi,

we have some users that have issues connecting to the AlwaysOn VPN.

This only seems to occur to couples that work at the same company.

Monitored the firewall in front of our VPN, because I thought it would be the NAT of ESP proto 50 causing the issues, but there's no ESP traffic coming in at all.

So did some packet capturing and noticed the VPN client uses source ports 500/4500 and not ephemeral ports for the source.

My suspicion is that the NAT routers at least of them have simply use the same source port for the NAT and UDP not having a state, only the first one to connect will have a VPN as the router simply doesn't know where to return the return traffic.

Anyone know if it's possible to make the VPN client use ephemeral or at least different ports for the source? I see no reason to fix the source ports to 500/4500 as well. Having it use ephemeral/different source ports should probably resolve this just fine.

:)

FreakyNL, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Hao_1993 Win User

A problem of Windows 10 VPN (Ikev2) connection

I tried to use ikev2 VPN on my windows 10 laptop, and connected successfully (at least it showed "connected"). However, when I checked my IP on google, it suggested that it didn't connect me to the VPN server at all. And other methods also proved that my
    laptop didn't get access to the Internet via ikev2 VPN.

So are there anyone who also meet the same problem? Is it a bug on windows 10, or just something I do is wrong?

Hao_1993, Apr 16, 2021
  3. StanBlyat Win User
    Issues connecting to an IKEv2 VPN "The parameter is incorrect"

I've set up a VPN using StrongSwan software on a DigitalOcean server.
    I used this guide here :How to Set Up an IKEv2 VPN Server with StrongSwan on Ubuntu 16.04 | DigitalOcean;

The server has no issues, the ufw rules, ipsec config and StrongSwan config are all followed exactly as the tutorial shows.

Whenever I click connect on Windows 10, via the control panel VPN section, it returns the message "Can't connec to VPN" "The parameter is incorrect".

The VPN is IKEv2

StanBlyat, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Virtual Win User

Ikev2 VPN Internal authentication error

Hi everyone,
    I have windows 10 pro 20H2,
    I have a problem with my Nordvpn protocal IKev2/IPsec as you see in screenshot.

AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2 issues on shared connection [​IMG]

Sometimes when I want to connect with Ikev2 it gives error named: Internal authentication error. But just after using browser or restarting pc ,the error get fixed and when I connect it then it connected (see picture).

AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2 issues on shared connection [​IMG]

I tried IKev2 of protonvpn free by installing its certificate and its work fine when ever I connect it,it always connect but nordvpn not. I tried connecting nordvpn just after disconnecting nordvpn but no success.

I also tried different locations & countries but all have same issue.

Please tell me why there is authentication error ,how I fix it and whether its windows ikev2 problem or nordvpn ,I followed their full tutorial to install ikev2 from nordvpn and this problem occur everytime even after clean install windows so I have to wait sometime before successfully connecting to VPN

Virtual, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2 issues on shared connection - Similar Threads - AlwaysOn VPN IKEv2

2. Local printing issue on AlwaysOn VPN connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local printing issue on AlwaysOn VPN connection: Dears,It is similar to other vpn solution issues but they have given an option to check box to follow local route for local printing. How to print the same on Microsoft AlwaysOn VPN solution?Regards...
  3. Local printing issue on AlwaysOn VPN connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local printing issue on AlwaysOn VPN connection: Dears,It is similar to other vpn solution issues but they have given an option to check box to follow local route for local printing. How to print the same on Microsoft AlwaysOn VPN solution?Regards...
  4. Local printing issue on AlwaysOn VPN connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN

KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN: My Windows 10 installed a bunch of updates today. KB5009543 is one of them. That update breaks my IKEv2 VPN. I can no longer establish VPN connection without getting this: Can't connect to <My_VPN_Connection> General processing error".Uninstalling KB5009543 restores VPN...
  6. KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN: My Windows 10 installed a bunch of updates today. KB5009543 is one of them. That update breaks my IKEv2 VPN. I can no longer establish VPN connection without getting this: Can't connect to <My_VPN_Connection> General processing error".Uninstalling KB5009543 restores VPN...
  7. KB5009543 Breaks IKEv2 VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. IKEv2 VPN Manager App..?

IKEv2 VPN Manager App..?: Hello. Let's say i have multiple VPN accounts using the IKEv2 protocol and i don't want to bother with the Windows interface to enter them, is there an app such as OpenVPNConnect for manager the oVPN files/configurations? There must be. Or at least something that could let...
  9. Windows10 VPN using IPSEC/IKEv2 won't connect

Windows10 VPN using IPSEC/IKEv2 won't connect: I have set up a VPN server using IPSEC/IKEv2. Certificates are used for authentication, both for the server and a client. VPN connection works great with a third party VPN client Greenbow but native Windows VPN client won't even try to connect. Trying to open VPN...
  10. VPN(IKEv2) connection failure 87 the parameter is incorrect

VPN(IKEv2) connection failure 87 the parameter is incorrect: This VPN had worked fine a couple of weeks ago before I upgraded the system to the latest release. Now is Win 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.195 Today I use the same VPN, and a failure occurred, told me the parameter was incorrect. Here's the error I found in Event...