Windows 10: Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to...

Discus and support Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi community. First time knowledge seeker. I have been trying for about 10h to install a fresh copy of Windows10x64 on my Acer laptop, on a brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MeTaLHoagie King, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to...

Hi community. First time knowledge seeker. I have been trying for about 10h to install a fresh copy of Windows10x64 on my Acer laptop, on a brand new 1TB HDD. I7, The install file runs and installs and on its final reboot to bring up the setup menus, it begins a BSOD loop stating ETD.sys error. The installation will not continue past the reboot stage, and I have no idea how to repair it. It ran in that BSOD loop until I shut the lid. I don't want to just power it down. The fix mentioned altering the Startup Options in the Automatic Repair>Troubleshooting, but the BSOD loop doesn't include t

:)

MeTaLHoagie King, Feb 10, 2022
  2. wolff215 Win User

Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, if not I apologize.

A couple of nights ago my computer was in the process of going to sleep and it decided instead it wanted to crash. I restarted it the next morning and was greeted by the screen telling me that Windows was attempting to repair. I was then greeted by this screen:

Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to... [​IMG]

I have attached the file mentioned in the screenshot.
    I have no access to safe mode, it goes into the loop as well.
    I tried system restore, it said it was successful, but yet the loop continued.
    When I use bcdedit to turn off the automatic recovery I am greeted with this screen:

Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to... [​IMG]

I have run chkdsk and it says there are no errors. I can load into a linux dual boot I have so I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue. Running "sfc /scannow" returns and error, I will try to post what it is soon, I forgot to write it down.

Thanks for any help,
    Isaac

wolff215, Feb 10, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Stuck in Safe Mode Boot Loop

Hi Justin,

It is possible that you're stuck in Safe Mode boot loop due to system components. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you've tried starting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to Start your computer in safe mode
    in Windows 10. Safe Mode with Networking includes the network drivers and services you'll need to access the Internet and other computers on your network.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 10, 2022
  4. djoatmeal Win User

Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to...

Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

Last night around 9pm I noticed the pc was doing another update. Endless boot loop again. I ran through the steps from yesterday with one new result and it will not boot.

djoatmeal, Feb 10, 2022
Thema:

Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to...

1. Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to... - Similar Threads - wits end ETD

2. Stuck in Automatic Repair loop. cannot get to safe mode. I end up at the window with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Automatic Repair loop. cannot get to safe mode. I end up at the window with a...: tuck in Automatic Repair loop. cannot get to safe mode. I end up at the window with a choice of restart or advanced options. I've gone through both and end up eventually back at the same window...
  3. Stuck in Automatic Repair loop. cannot get to safe mode. I end up at the window with a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Automatic Repair loop. cannot get to safe mode. I end up at the window with a...: tuck in Automatic Repair loop. cannot get to safe mode. I end up at the window with a choice of restart or advanced options. I've gone through both and end up eventually back at the same window...
  4. Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to...: Hi community. First time knowledge seeker. I have been trying for about 10h to install a fresh copy of Windows10x64 on my Acer laptop, on a brand new 1TB HDD. I7, The install file runs and installs and on its final reboot to bring up the setup menus, it begins a BSOD loop...
  5. Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Am at wits end.. ETD.sys crash loop Automatic Repair, cannot boot into safe mode due to...: Hi community. First time knowledge seeker. I have been trying for about 10h to install a fresh copy of Windows10x64 on my Acer laptop, on a brand new 1TB HDD. I7, The install file runs and installs and on its final reboot to bring up the setup menus, it begins a BSOD loop...
  6. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  7. Windows 10 safe mode works but normal mode boot loop automatic repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 safe mode works but normal mode boot loop automatic repair: I'm sure you are busy so I'll try to make it as short as possible. Thanks in advance for reading. Windows system: Virtualbox VM, migrated into KVM. This vm boots just fine in virtualbox. Issue: Preparing automatic repair boot loop during boot in kvm. Attempted remedies: 1....
  8. I am at my wits end..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am at my wits end..: submitted by /u/TIWIMEISTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlypq3/i_am_at_my_wits_end/
  9. Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop: i turned on my PC and it has the boot startup and the circle just keeps spinning so I kept restarting my pc then automatic repair showed up and did the same thing ive tried F8 but that doesn't work...
  10. Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore: I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, if not I apologize. A couple of nights ago my computer was in the process of going to sleep and it decided instead it wanted to crash. I restarted it the next morning and was greeted by the screen telling me that...