Windows 10: Am getting Norton antivirus popups hampering my work. Please help

Discus and support Am getting Norton antivirus popups hampering my work. Please help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Am getting Norton antivirus popups hampering my work. Please help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carnic Karthikeyan T, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Am getting Norton antivirus popups hampering my work. Please help

Am getting Norton antivirus popups hampering my work. Please help

:)

Carnic Karthikeyan T, Apr 12, 2020

2. Problem with computer booting and norton antivirus

One of the dangers of aborting such an installation is having a handicapped system. The best advice I can give short of format and reinstall (which I often suggest although I try not to) is to see if you have a restore point from before installing Norton Antivirus.

Also, any Norton CD (or ISO *Stick Out Tongue Am getting Norton antivirus popups hampering my work. Please help :p) with Norton AntiVirus is booteable, so you can scan your drives with the latest virus definitions avalable since the manufacture of said CD (or ISO).

C&C Freak 2K, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Uninstall Norton Free Trial Antivirus from my Acer 3 Windows 10 computer

I decided to uninstall the free version of Norton Antivirus that came with my new Acer 3. I read several sites about doing this. All said I should use the Norton Removal Tool available on Support.Norton.Com. I went to this site and found there was no
    such tool. The only similar tool available was the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool. So, I used this to uninstall the Norton Antivirus on my computer. The Antivirus Program has been uninstalled, and no longer appears in my Programs list. Now, I am running
    Windows Defender. Windows reports that my computer is now Protected and all parts of it have a green check box on them. However, I am repeatedly getting popups on my screen from Norton telling me to reinstall a new version of their program. There appear
    to be two utilities that are displayed on my desktop. They are Norton Install Manager and Norton Install. I can't get rid of them. Does anyone know how to uninstall these utilities and get Norton to stop displaying their annoying popup. The popup is quite
    large and covers the center of my desktop. I have repeatedly clicked the large "X" in the upper right hand corner, but it won't budge. Norton is insisting I go back to their Antivirus it seems. Does anyone know how to get rid of this Norton annoyance?

petepicture, Apr 12, 2020
  4. fr33ze Win User

Problem with computer booting and norton antivirus

another problem for you guys....

my friend thought he had a virus on his computer so i tried to install nortan anti 2004 on it and it took forever and then never actually installed, got stuck on the last bit. Can't remember why but probably just got impatient and restarted it in the end (probably shouldn't have done that with hindsight).

now when ever you turn the computer on it is unbelievably slow, i'm talking like 30 min just to open a folder. It shows norton anti as being installed with the shortcut item on the desktop and the trash can as being protected but norton never actually starts properly.

First thought was to try starting in safe mode and uninstall norton, starts up fine in safe mode and works at normal speeds but when i go to uninstall norton antivirus it's not in the list of programs to uninstall. I've checked msconfig and there are deffinately the apps in there that start with norton so it's installed to an extent.

any advice on how i can actually uninstall norton and get my mates computer back upto the right working speed.

he's running win xp home btw

any help would be appretiated

fr33ze, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Am getting Norton antivirus popups hampering my work. Please help - Similar Threads - getting Norton antivirus

2. Norton 360 popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton 360 popup: When I first installed Norton 360, got popup telling me that I had to remove Malwarebytes. I do not want to do this. Reinstalled software and got another Norton 360 popup warning me that 360 is not compatible with Windows 10 on desktop keeps coming up when I boot. Norton...
  3. Norton antivirus not available in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton antivirus not available in microsoft store: I'm trying to install Norton antivirus 360 under windows s mode, it's not available in Microsoft store app, only Norton apps which are available Safe web and pwd manager, not the antivirus suite. Could you please advise as to how I can have this without going out of S mode?...
  4. Shouldi get an ANTIVIRUS or NOT Please

Shouldi get an ANTIVIRUS or NOT Please: Shouldi get an ANTIVIRUS or NOT Please Guys i just did a new install windows 10 and drivers are being installed i am always on Steam if i am not here i am there so my quetion is if i stay with just windows defender would this be OK becuase i have noticed anything other...
  5. Why am I getting this Popup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I getting this Popup?: Hi Support, Since an update to my Win10 2 days ago I've been getting this popup when the computer logs in. [ATTACH] I bought this computer with Win10 installed for personal use. It is a Wacom Mobilestudio Pro 16 from 2017. Thank you, Christian Moir...
  6. Norton Install (+➀-➇❽➇-❼2❷-❶❻❻6) - Norton antivirus Toll Free

Norton Install (+➀-➇❽➇-❼2❷-❶❻❻6) - Norton antivirus Toll Free: Norton.com/setup - To Download, install and activate the Norton setup, go to norton.com/setup and get started with Norton product In the present time, an antivirus is expected to keep PC programming, PC applications, and information security; however a considerable lot of its...
  7. Norton Insta****) - Norton antivirus Toll Free

Norton Insta****) - Norton antivirus Toll Free: Norton.com/setup - To Download, install and activate the Norton setup, go to norton.com/setup and get started with Norton product In the present time, an antivirus is expected to keep PC programming, PC applications, and information security; however a considerable lot of its...
  8. Norton Antivirus download

Norton Antivirus download: I keep getting the message I have to have administrator priviliges to download to my computer, I am the administrator. What to I need to do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-antivirus-download/6adabf53-74e3-4e33-8729-a96deb971e9e
  9. Norton Antivirus Software Help By roflon

Norton Antivirus Software Help By roflon: 24*7 Hours Service Provided By Norton Antivirus Support Number Executives Norton Antivirus Support Number +1800-378-0714 is a toll-free Number which is available for 24*7 hours. As we all know Norton Security Antivirus Software is considered the Best Antivirus Software to...
  10. Help me please with Norton Ghost 15

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help me please with Norton Ghost 15: Hi everyone itstohru. I need help, a person told me to try this ------------------>Disabling Secure Boot 3 minutes to readIng this articleDisable Secure Boot Re-enable Secure BootRelated topicsYou may need to disable Secure Boot to run some PC graphics cards, hardware, or...