Windows 10: Am I a Lemming for Using Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin?

Discus and support Am I a Lemming for Using Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have read too many times to count that I am an idiot for continuing to use "Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin" that I am beginning to believe it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by phaedruspress, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Am I a Lemming for Using Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin?

I have read too many times to count that I am an idiot for continuing to use "Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin" that I am beginning to believe it : ) I am assuming that the two do not play nice with one another. Adblock Plus seems to work good enough and I never have to dick around with it. I am fearful if I change up there will be a learning curve and that it will mess up my no hassle browsing habits. Is the general consensus that uBlock Origin is the way to go? TIA. Up to date Chrome browser 95% of the time.

:)

phaedruspress, Nov 2, 2018

2. Adblock Plus.

Hi Ruth,

We understand that you want to uninstall your AdBlock Plus. Here's how:

• Open your Control Panel. You can search for it using your
      Cortana
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Programs and Features.
    • Find and click the AdBlock Plus, then select Uninstall/Change
      that will appear beside the Organize drop down button.

Or you may also refer
    here
    for the steps and other information in uninstalling a program or an app.

Let us know what happens next.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Nov 2, 2018
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Youtube can disable your adblock it seems.

It seemed to me that the Adblock's all versions such as Adblock ,Adblock +, and the likes sold out to Corporations to allow certain ads and that is why I switched to Ublock Origin and have not had any ads I use FF.

DRDNA, Nov 2, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Am I a Lemming for Using Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin?

Youtube can disable your adblock it seems.

This is beginning to sound like ublock origin is worth trying. I'm currently on Adblock Plus.

qubit, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

Am I a Lemming for Using Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin?

1. Am I a Lemming for Using Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin? - Similar Threads - Lemming Using Adblock

2. adblock plus extension stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    adblock plus extension stopped working: helloi know this is not really a MS question but all of a sudden my chrome adblock plus extension isn't working. I uninstalledd and reinstalled it. I have no other extensions enabled. I get a window that opens on each and every website when i click on the adblocker icon in...
  3. adblock plus extension stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adblock plus extension stopped working: helloi know this is not really a MS question but all of a sudden my chrome adblock plus extension isn't working. I uninstalledd and reinstalled it. I have no other extensions enabled. I get a window that opens on each and every website when i click on the adblocker icon in...
  4. adblock plus extension stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What filters for uBlock Origin do you suggest? NOT for AD blocking!

in Browsers and Email
    What filters for uBlock Origin do you suggest? NOT for AD blocking!: Note: "uBlock Origin is not an "ad blocker", it's a wide-spectrum content blocker." I am looking for some filters blocking cookie notices, coinminers, malware and trackers. I use Quad9 DNS, so a lot is already blocked by it, but an additional help would not hurt. I stopped...
  6. can I install adblock plus on microsoft edge

can I install adblock plus on microsoft edge: can I INSTALL ADBLOCK PLUS ON MICROSOFT EDGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-i-install-adblock-plus-on-microsoft-edge/4813a859-a1ad-4fb5-b64a-fed9cbcb4850
  7. Adblock .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adblock .: I request that you remove AdBlock from my email. I called a few weeks ago, and was transferred from person to person. No one spoke to me after I told them the subject of my call. So, please remove AdBlock. You put it there without my permission or knowledge. I cannot put my...
  8. ADBLOCKER

ADBLOCKER: HI How do i disable Ad BLOCKER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adblocker/1e9f2e56-fbce-463d-8e91-04865035e902"
  9. Adblock Plus Not Working On Certain Sites With Chrome?

Adblock Plus Not Working On Certain Sites With Chrome?: I use chrome. I notice that recently the google chrome web browser, there is no longer the adblock plus logo next to address bar on right? On my chromebook, i still see it. Well on my main laptop, the only way i see the adblock lus logo is if i click on the 3 dots, then i...
  10. uBlock Origin blocked api.taboola.com

uBlock Origin blocked api.taboola.com: uBlock Origin blocked api.taboola.com when I was connecting to RANKED: The 25 Greatest Hitters In MLB History RANKED: The 25 Greatest Hitters In MLB History New Arena --- I selected temporarily for now If I see anything about taboola again, should I select permanently...