Windows 10: Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?

Discus and support Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there!Is there a possibility to change the quick access panel in file explorer? I am unable to expand the folders and this is very frustrating. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jil_98, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Jil_98 Win User

Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?

Hi there!Is there a possibility to change the quick access panel in file explorer? I am unable to expand the folders and this is very frustrating. I tried to look for an answer online but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to be able to do the same as you can with the 'normal' folders, otherwise the quick access bar has no use in my opinion.

:)

Jil_98, Mar 31, 2023

2. How to expand folder in Quick Access in the Navigation Panel in File Explorer?

I can't expand files pinned to 'Quick access'.

In the navigation panel of file explorer I am struggling to find a way to make all 'Quick Access' folders expandable on my new computer with Windows 11. I am able to expand the quick access pinned files on my windows 10 computer by clicking expand or by dragging files to the navigation panel which automatically expands the folder over which I'm hovering with the dragged file.

It is one of those things that make the windows experience frustrating as it is making the navigation panel less functional and practical. A total deal/breaker for me like many things in windows 11.

Help or clarification of the issue would be much appreciated Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer? :)

A struggling user, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?

File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access

To restore the Pictures folder to Quick Access in Windows 11 File Explorer, you can follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer by clicking on the folder icon in the taskbar or by pressing Windows + E on your keyboard.
    2. In the left pane of File Explorer, right-click on Quick Access and select Options.
    3. In the Folder Options window, select the General tab.
    4. Under Privacy, make sure that "Show recently used files in Quick access" and "Show frequently used folders in Quick access" are both checked.
    5. Click on the Clear button next to "Clear File Explorer history" to remove any history that might be preventing the Pictures folder from appearing in Quick Access.
    6. Click on the Restore Defaults button to restore the default settings for Quick Access.
    7. Click on Apply and then on OK to save the changes.
    8. If the Pictures folder still does not appear in Quick Access, you can manually add it by navigating to the folder in File Explorer, right-clicking on it, and selecting Pin to Quick Access.
    If these steps do not work, you can try creating a new user account and see if the Pictures folder appears in Quick Access for the new user. If it does, you can copy the contents of your old user account's Pictures folder to the new user account's Pictures folder and continue using the new account.

Let me know if it helps.

Shivam.Pandey, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?

1. Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer? - Similar Threads - able expand folders

2. How to get the quick access section in the Home page of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the quick access section in the Home page of file explorer?: I am using Windows 11 Pro, OS build 22621.2506.After an automatic update don't ask me which I lost the the Quick access section in File Explorer Home page, it is not available and I can't find a way to enable it.But if I try for example do a "save as" of a file and select the...
  3. How to get the quick access section in the Home page of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the quick access section in the Home page of file explorer?: I am using Windows 11 Pro, OS build 22621.2506.After an automatic update don't ask me which I lost the the Quick access section in File Explorer Home page, it is not available and I can't find a way to enable it.But if I try for example do a "save as" of a file and select the...
  4. Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer: Hi, I am running Windows 11, and the latest update which was installed on 12th October has caused issues with my File Explorer. It appears to now be running in a window that looks more like an internet page, which doesn't worry me either way. The bit that is bothering me is...
  5. Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?

Am I able to expand the folders in the quick access section of the file explorer?: Hi there!Is there a possibility to change the quick access panel in file explorer? I am unable to expand the folders and this is very frustrating. I tried to look for an answer online but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to be able to do the same...
  6. How to expand folder in Quick Access in the Navigation Panel in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to expand folder in Quick Access in the Navigation Panel in File Explorer?: I can't expand files pinned to 'Quick access'.In the navigation panel of file explorer I am struggling to find a way to make all 'Quick Access' folders expandable on my new computer with Windows 11. I am able to expand the quick access pinned files on my windows 10 computer...
  7. How to expand folder in Quick Access in the Navigation Panel in File Explorer?

How to expand folder in Quick Access in the Navigation Panel in File Explorer?: I can't expand files pinned to 'Quick access'.In the navigation panel of file explorer I am struggling to find a way to make all 'Quick Access' folders expandable on my new computer with Windows 11. I am able to expand the quick access pinned files on my windows 10 computer...
  8. CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER: Hi... I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro which is up todate. I have a folder listed in the Quick access list under My PC which no longer exists and I can't remove it or delete it.Does anyone have any idea as to how I can remove / delete the entry ?thanks B.E....
  9. Not able to clear Quick Access in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to clear Quick Access in file explorer.: Many files came in quick access tab which i have used 2 months ago that too only once. I am not able to clear them using 'file explorer options'. [ATTACH]...
  10. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...