Windows 10: Am I able to recover the files from a reformatted hard drive if a recovery image file was made?

Discus and support Am I able to recover the files from a reformatted hard drive if a recovery image file was made? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I recently reformatted an old hard drive from an old pc to use it in my new pc, which created a recovery image. In that recovery image is my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by inactivespartan, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Am I able to recover the files from a reformatted hard drive if a recovery image file was made?

Hi! I recently reformatted an old hard drive from an old pc to use it in my new pc, which created a recovery image. In that recovery image is my old bootable windows 10 OS data originally windows 8, but updated to windows 10 . I have recently decided to upgrade my old pc to make it viable again and am trying to recover the files from the reformatted hard drive so that I may boot into my old windows 10 OS with the old pc. Is this possible?

:)

inactivespartan, Feb 20, 2021
  2. bettz Win User

Help recovering files off portable Hard drive

Hi all a friend of mine has broken his hard drive he's been quoted £200 from a data recovery company in the city which i think is very ott *Eek! Am I able to recover the files from a reformatted hard drive if a recovery image file was made? :eek:. I said id take a look at it to see if i can recover so files off it.Just wondered what would be regarded as the best data recovery software to use?

He said the hard drive is being recongnised by the pc & that he was told that if he open the hard drive up it would be permanently wiped???? as i was thinking about hooking it up to my pc as a slave drive? i will try to recover the data files first any other ideas?

bettz, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Am I able to recover the files from a reformatted hard drive if a recovery image file was made?

1. Am I able to recover the files from a reformatted hard drive if a recovery image file was made? - Similar Threads - able recover files

2. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  3. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  4. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files: When I Purchased My laptop I Created A Recovery Drive In a 32GB Pen drive. For Necessary I have Copied My Recovery Files In to other drive and I'm using That Pen drive For Normal Use to store some files. After that My laptop get troubled And I Need To recover my laptop so I...
  5. How To Recover From A Recovery Drive Using Recovery Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  7. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  8. Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive: Hi there. Since my desk top PC, running Windows 10, started misbehaving a couple of years ago I've been using a laptop for day to day work. I've given up on the old desktop and now want to recover various files - music, photos and Office documents from the 1TB WD Elements...
  9. How to *RECOVER* DELETED files from hard-drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to *RECOVER* DELETED files from hard-drive: Hi all, Accidentally ran the following command prompt, the purge switch seems removed all my files a level up on folder, robocopy D:\X-folder G:\Y-folder\ /s /purge /xj /np /tee /r:0 /w:0 /mt:32 /xf desktop.ini /log:logbkup_x240_downloads.txt Any suggestion for recovery...
  10. Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive: Just this evening I found the external hard drive used with our last PC. I have not connected it to our current PC in fear of making some dreadful mistake. My goal is to retrieve all jpg image files from that old drive. Note, I use File History to save files from our current...