Windows 10: Am I able to transfer Minecraft: Windows 10 edition from one account to another?

Discus and support Am I able to transfer Minecraft: Windows 10 edition from one account to another? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I redeemed Minecraft windows 10 edition a few years ago, as I bought my Java account before 2018. However, when I redeemed it, I did not have my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rosk2006, May 17, 2020.

1. rosk2006 Win User

Am I able to transfer Minecraft: Windows 10 edition from one account to another?

Hi,

I redeemed Minecraft windows 10 edition a few years ago, as I bought my Java account before 2018. However, when I redeemed it, I did not have my own account and put my parent's email down instead. As I have my own account now, is it possible to transfer ownership of the game to my account?

:)

rosk2006, May 17, 2020
  2. LeonLaude Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition code already reedemed

Hi,

Are you sure you're logging into the Windows Store with the account that you redeemed the code to?

• If you login to Mojang Account please look under "Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta" and check to make sure that the code is marked as claimed. You can make sure it is by checking the date that it was redeemed on.

• If the item is not listed, you should contact Mojang support and they will assist you on the issue.

• If it is listed, then that means you successfully redeemed the code to a Microsoft account. When you did so, you were asked to login to a Microsoft account. This was the account that you redeemed the code to.

• Please go over to https://account.microsoft.com/ and check under the "Recent purchaces" header and check if "Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta" is listed. If it is not, you are using the wrong Microsoft account.

• If you're not sure which account you used, you should contact Xbox support (for Step 1, use "Xbox on Windows 10"; for Step 2 under Store select "Purchase verification"; and you should be able to call/chat with Xbox support) and let them know you are unsure
      which account you redeemed the code to.

Hope this is of any help to you!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, May 17, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    I am not able to RE-download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have already redeemed the code for Minecraft. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you still using Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on your old PC?
    2. What happens when you try to download and install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on your new PC from the Microsoft store?
    3. Are you receiving any error code or error message?
    4. Have you logged into the Microsoft store on your new PC, using the same account from which the Minecraft code was redeemed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest check the ‘Order History’ in your Microsoft account to see if the code is already redeemed and linked your account. To do that you can refer the article to

Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft
    , under ‘Troubleshooting’, please refer the section ‘The code was already redeemed’. After this, make sure to check if you have logged into Microsoft Store on your new PC, using
    the same Microsoft account through which the code was redeemed.

If the code is redeemed, linked to your account and if you have logged in with the same account in Microsoft Store on your system, but you are still not able to find the option to download and install the game, I would suggest you
    to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to reset Windows Store:

1. Click on the Start button, type
      cmd, right-click on it and select
      Run as administrator.
    2. Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter.
    3. The execution of this command may take some time, after which, you can check if you are able to install the game.

If the issue persists, please reply to us with the answers to the queries above and the results of the suggestions provided. We will look into this and we will be glad to assist you accordingly.

If you wish to receive live assistance from Microsoft, you may get in touch with our Live support team. To do that, please refer the article on

Global Customer Service phone numbers
    to get the customer service phone number as per your country.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 17, 2020
  4. Am I able to transfer Minecraft: Windows 10 edition from one account to another?

Can't find a way to Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for new account.

Hi,

Digital licenses are associated with the account used to redeem the game codes. In order to download the full version of Minecraft on Windows 10, you'll need to use the account that owns the game license. Transferring licenses from one account to another
    is unavailable as this will go against the Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology that protects account licenses.

We suggest that you download the game using the account that owns the license and set up family feature. This will allow your new account to access the items you've downloaded. Refer to

Set up your family
    for the steps.

You may also visit this
    link
    for more information regarding Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Catherine Cus., May 17, 2020
Thema:

Am I able to transfer Minecraft: Windows 10 edition from one account to another?

1. Am I able to transfer Minecraft: Windows 10 edition from one account to another? - Similar Threads - able transfer Minecraft

2. Is it possible to transfer minecraft from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to transfer minecraft from one account to another: I have kind of a weird issue, so I have always had problems with my Minecraft/Microsoft account. So when I got a new computer, I found that Minecraft would not download through minecraft.net. To fix this a forum said to launch Minecraft through Xbox live, but I had to make a...
  3. Is it possible to transfer minecraft from one account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to transfer minecraft from one account to another: I have kind of a weird issue, so I have always had problems with my Minecraft/Microsoft account. So when I got a new computer, I found that Minecraft would not download through minecraft.net. To fix this a forum said to launch Minecraft through Xbox live, but I had to make a...
  4. How can I transfer a purchase In this case, Minecraft for Windows from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer a purchase In this case, Minecraft for Windows from one account to another?: I am attempting to transfer Minecraft for Windows to my other account as I have stopped using the account this question is being posted on. I would not like to spend another 30 ? dollars as that would honestly be an inconvenience on my end. I tend to play Minecraft quite...
  5. How can I transfer a purchase In this case, Minecraft for Windows from one account to another?

How can I transfer a purchase In this case, Minecraft for Windows from one account to another?: I am attempting to transfer Minecraft for Windows to my other account as I have stopped using the account this question is being posted on. I would not like to spend another 30 ? dollars as that would honestly be an inconvenience on my end. I tend to play Minecraft quite...
  6. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  7. Transfer Minecraft Java Edition account on Microsoft to another user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Minecraft Java Edition account on Microsoft to another user: Some time ago I bought Minecraft Java Edition using a key for a friend. For some reason, even though we logged in on his account, the game was added to my Microsoft account, which probably was still logged in as the default on the PC. Is there a way for me to transfer the...
  8. Transfer games from one account to another

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer games from one account to another: I bought Minecraft before Bedrock edition came out and I accidentally redeemed my free copy on my other account; is it possible to switch the game from being on my other Microsoft account to being on this one?...
  9. I am not able to RE-download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

I am not able to RE-download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.: Hello I am a owner of Minecraft Java Edition AND The Windows 10 Edition, my issue is that I would like to RE-download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition but am not able to, I bought Java Edition when it included the Windows 10 Edition for free. I try to redeem my code which I think...
  10. Transfer Minecraft Windows 10 to another Microsoft account

Transfer Minecraft Windows 10 to another Microsoft account: Hello, Is it possible to transfer my Minecraft Windows 10 game to another Microsoft account? How can i do it? Obviously, i have access to both accounts. Maybe, the fact that i redeemed the code on 2015 could be a problem :/...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer minecraft to another user on windows 10