Windows 10: Am I actually using my GPU?

Discus and support Am I actually using my GPU? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the last few months my in game FPS just out of the blue became much, much worse. I cant get over 120 FPS without extreme frame drops, completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tendsyn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Am I actually using my GPU?

In the last few months my in game FPS just out of the blue became much, much worse. I cant get over 120 FPS without extreme frame drops, completely un-loaded textures (low poly blobs),and constant choppy cutting out audio. Today I decided to do some digging. I opened task manager in the background while I played and found that 97-100% of my CPU was being used, and my GPU usage was only at around 0-3%, on the games I played it said that there was 0% GPU usage. Does this mean that I have been using my integrated graphics on my processor instead of my GPU? I've looked all over and haven't found any fixes. My display is set on my GPU, and everything is wired correctly. I've really tried everything I could find. Please someone help. Am I actually using my GPU or integrated graphics, could it just be a visual bug? For anyone that wants to know here are some specs: GTX 1070 Ti, i5 6600k, 16g of ram.

submitted by /u/tendsyn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tendsyn, Sep 29, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. TCanuck42 Win User
    Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 29, 2020
  4. TCanuck42 Win User

Am I actually using my GPU?

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Am I actually using my GPU?

1. Am I actually using my GPU? - Similar Threads - actually using GPU

2. I am an engineer that actually uses Windows for work..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am an engineer that actually uses Windows for work..: Here's my biggest issues:-1. SLEEP. does not actually sleep. I pack up my laptop put it to sleep and try to connect my headphones to my phone only to find that it connects to my laptop. SO i have to dig out my laptop "wake it up" and turn off Bluetooth.2. SLEEP does not...
  3. I am an engineer that actually uses Windows for work..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am an engineer that actually uses Windows for work..: Here's my biggest issues:-1. SLEEP. does not actually sleep. I pack up my laptop put it to sleep and try to connect my headphones to my phone only to find that it connects to my laptop. SO i have to dig out my laptop "wake it up" and turn off Bluetooth.2. SLEEP does not...
  4. My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am: I am currently trying to free up storage on my PC ; under the "installed apps" tab in my storage, it says that I am using 61Gb's of storage, but when I open up the tab I only count around 8Gb's being used....
  5. My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am

My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am: I am currently trying to free up storage on my PC ; under the "installed apps" tab in my storage, it says that I am using 61Gb's of storage, but when I open up the tab I only count around 8Gb's being used....
  6. Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU: Hello. I have had this issue where my computer isn't using my Nvidia GPU when I game or anything else. It instead is using Intel Integrated Graphics. This has been occurring ever since I switched out my HDD for a new one. I have already installed the latest driver for it...
  7. Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU

Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU: Hello. I have had this issue where my computer isn't using my Nvidia GPU when I game or anything else. It instead is using Intel Integrated Graphics. This has been occurring ever since I switched out my HDD for a new one. I have already installed the latest driver for it...
  8. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.: My PC says that I am using 449 gigabytes when I counted up how much I was using on apps & features, other people, pictures, documents, and temporary files and it amounted to 38.71 gigabytes. It says that apps and features are using 397 gigabytes, which is most of the storage...
  9. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.: My PC says that I am using 449 gigabytes when I counted up how much I was using on apps & features, other people, pictures, documents, and temporary files and it amounted to 38.71 gigabytes. It says that apps and features are using 397 gigabytes, which is most of the storage...
  10. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.