Windows 10: Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move?

Discus and support Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently only able to STAY connected to the internet on my pc when using my phone through USB tethering. No other method such as wifi, ethernet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bryan buta, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move?

I am currently only able to STAY connected to the internet on my pc when using my phone through USB tethering. No other method such as wifi, ethernet, or even my phone as a Hotspot are working fully. All other devices in the house work fine, and I confirmed with my isp that there were no changes to the modem or any sign of errors on that end.The initial connection when using other methods starts off fine. Connects to the network, shows the expected speed for a few moments, then the speed drops off to a few mgb/s and states "connected without internet" This happens on my home wifi network, my e

:)

bryan buta, Feb 27, 2024

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Feb 27, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move?

1. Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move? - Similar Threads - point mobo next

2. Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move?: I am currently only able to STAY connected to the internet on my pc when using my phone through USB tethering. No other method such as wifi, ethernet, or even my phone as a Hotspot are working fully. All other devices in the house work fine, and I confirmed with my isp that...
  3. Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Am I at the point that a new mobo is my next move?: I am currently only able to STAY connected to the internet on my pc when using my phone through USB tethering. No other method such as wifi, ethernet, or even my phone as a Hotspot are working fully. All other devices in the house work fine, and I confirmed with my isp that...
  4. my Teleflora point of sale will not launch with the new update what do I do? I am no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Teleflora point of sale will not launch with the new update what do I do? I am no...: start up failure dovepos has encouncounterd a problemplease ensure that the main computer server is runningif this problem persists please contact tech support....
  5. my Teleflora point of sale will not launch with the new update what do I do? I am no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Teleflora point of sale will not launch with the new update what do I do? I am no...: start up failure dovepos has encouncounterd a problemplease ensure that the main computer server is runningif this problem persists please contact tech support....
  6. Windows 11? New hints point to next-gen Microsoft’s desktop OS

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11? New hints point to next-gen Microsoft’s desktop OS: It appears that the name of the next generation of Windows might be down to “Windows (10) + something” and “Windows 11.” In 2015, Microsoft leadership said that Windows 10 will be its final release of the iconic operating system and there won’t be Windows 11 or Windows 12....
  7. why is my point not moving and invisible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my point not moving and invisible: Ok so my pointer has just disappeared. So i press ctrl to locate it and it shows that it is in the middle of my screen but it is not visible and will not respond to my touchpad....
  8. Got a exclamation point next to audio.

Got a exclamation point next to audio.: Hello I have a HP Pavillon dv6000. I have no audio. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing. I've watched countless YouTube videos and still have same problem. Please help....
  9. Encrypted drive with a new mobo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Encrypted drive with a new mobo: TL:DR; Can I save the user data or recover from a mobo swap. So I had a Dell tech come out and replace the data cables, keyboard, and mother board on an Latitude 5480.This device belongs to a student and has sensitive information on it. The problem is that the harddrive is...
  10. New Mobo means new copy of Windows?

New Mobo means new copy of Windows?: I recently had to replace my motherboard and I was wondering if I had to get a new copy of Windows. Microsoft considers a new motherboard to be a new computer therefore would I absolutely have to buy a new copy of windows? Is there any ways around this? I've already blown...