Windows 10: Am I being Paranoid of Virus?

Discus and support Am I being Paranoid of Virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded an item with an exe file a few hours ago. When I, stupidly, tried to open it, it got defended and deleted the file. I deleted the entire... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Simon Harwood 52, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Am I being Paranoid of Virus?

I downloaded an item with an exe file a few hours ago. When I, stupidly, tried to open it, it got defended and deleted the file. I deleted the entire folder, as well as wiped the trash can. I also ran a scan with avg, malwarebytes, and a quick windows defender scan. Should I still be worried. I haven't experienced any signs of a virus, and my browser still seems fine. Should I wait and see. I have a lot of sensitive data and passwords on it, and it would be devastating to lose it. What should I do?

:)

Simon Harwood 52, Apr 4, 2021

2. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Jsssssssss, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Am I being Paranoid of Virus?

Bruce Hagen, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Am I being Paranoid of Virus?

1. Am I being Paranoid of Virus? - Similar Threads - being Paranoid Virus

2. Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?: Recently I detected a virus in my Twitch folder with malware-bytes, and quarantined/deleted it. I noticed some strange things after such as things moving around and later I had an impservice.lock file in my defender around the same time I lost access to the folders in there...
  3. Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?: Recently I detected a virus in my Twitch folder with malware-bytes, and quarantined/deleted it. I noticed some strange things after such as things moving around and later I had an impservice.lock file in my defender around the same time I lost access to the folders in there...
  4. Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?: I was snooping around my apps and default apps to see if there was anyhting I could chop off to save on performance, I looked into the default apps tab for maps then clicked "Maps", since it showed up only the maps app and windows app store to download other maps app I just...
  6. Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?: I was snooping around my apps and default apps to see if there was anyhting I could chop off to save on performance, I looked into the default apps tab for maps then clicked "Maps", since it showed up only the maps app and windows app store to download other maps app I just...
  7. Possible Trojan: Am I being overly paranoid?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible Trojan: Am I being overly paranoid?: Last night I wanted to move some files to an old usb drive I had sitting around. Little did I know that drive was infected with a worm that Defender picked up and removed. I did a couple of scans after ejecting the drive and it all came back clear. Later that night I did one...
  8. I am sorry !!!!! virus

I am sorry !!!!! virus: [ATTACH]Recently a virus infected all my JPG files and wrote down each picture I am Sorry !!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-sorry-virus/b62aa90f-673b-4d94-89f5-8e5763cbf6ef
  9. paranoid? i dont think so

paranoid? i dont think so: so when I jiggled my mouse this morning I see that there is a giant calculator pad open on my desktop. I did not have it open and my cursor was not really my cursor as I tried to navigate through the opened Microsoft page I realized its navigating it self and closing what I...
  10. Am I becoming paranoid?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I becoming paranoid?: Some years ago I had a laptop crash but had everything backed up ok. Then I got a PC and after a few years had a disk crash but all was backed up and it wasn't my C: drive so no great problem. This last month I bought a new PC with Windows 10 installed on its SSD, and...