Windows 10: Am I being Played

Discus and support Am I being Played in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I recently bought an Acer Aspire 3 (like 2 days ago) and just recently started setting up my stuff, during which I saw that I had 200 GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/serbos16, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Am I being Played

Am I being Played FoAk8AtQET1J0rk0DMehqGicT86XaQ_tvlsG-HQB8hs.jpg

I recently bought an Acer Aspire 3 (like 2 days ago) and just recently started setting up my stuff, during which I saw that I had 200 GB of free space which comes as a surprise because it is meant to have 1TB of free space.

So I did a little digging and found that I have 700 GB worth of system files (which is excessive), so I did more digging and found out that Windows 10 did/does have an issue misrepresenting the storage space, and some of you recommend wiztree to check what was eating up my storage.

So, check wiztree and I see that actually, the system files are 43 GB but I only have 250 GB total, which brings me to my question, is it possible to have windows show one thing but in reality, be another? (see pictures for reference)

https://preview.redd.it/odh20ixhg4p...bp&s=0c65ca9716096d9f8e397605e8f6d54e201c21dd

https://preview.redd.it/9xnmw3rjg4p...bp&s=d0bfe71176c2ad96880fb98e253689cd839dbcba

submitted by /u/serbos16
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/serbos16, Mar 25, 2021

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 25, 2021
  3. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 25, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Am I being Played

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Am I being Played :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Am I being Played

1. Am I being Played - Similar Threads - being Played

2. Acer aspire 3 red- the video play is being interrupted by the system, causing the video to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire 3 red- the video play is being interrupted by the system, causing the video to...: the video play is being interrupted by the system, causing the video to pause and resume intermittently. The audio, however, continues to play uninterrupted. Additionally, the mouse also breaks and continues.* Changed to a question* Original title: Acer aspire 3 red...
  3. Can a old computer game being located in two different locations cause a game not to play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a old computer game being located in two different locations cause a game not to play?: I have a couple of old Windows 7 computers, and they are used for basic computer gaming not the new high-tech "shoot 'em up" type. They are not connected to the Internet. I have the old Microsoft Train Simulator MSTS game from around 2000. I have 20+ original CD discs which...
  4. Can a old computer game being located in two different locations cause a game not to play?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a old computer game being located in two different locations cause a game not to play?: I have a couple of old Windows 7 computers, and they are used for basic computer gaming not the new high-tech "shoot 'em up" type. They are not connected to the Internet. I have the old Microsoft Train Simulator MSTS game from around 2000. I have 20+ original CD discs which...
  5. When playing games, my game sound is being sent to my mic output and playing in discord....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When playing games, my game sound is being sent to my mic output and playing in discord....: game sounds are playing when I press P2T. I only have headphones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-games-my-game-sound-is-being-sent-to/807b6590-b088-4710-80b3-ac6a7199769e
  6. When playing games, my game sound is being sent to my mic output and playing in discord....

When playing games, my game sound is being sent to my mic output and playing in discord....: game sounds are playing when I press P2T. I only have headphones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-games-my-game-sound-is-being-sent-to/807b6590-b088-4710-80b3-ac6a7199769e
  7. WHY I AM BEING RESTRICTED FROM PLAYING MY XBOX GAMES ON MY PC??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY I AM BEING RESTRICTED FROM PLAYING MY XBOX GAMES ON MY PC??: I am not part of any Microsoft Family groups and my account is restricted from playing xbox games. Nor have I ever delegated my account access to anyone. I need this solved. I don't need these restrictions nor do I want them. Anytime I try to open my games, it wants me to ask...
  8. WHY I AM BEING RESTRICTED FROM PLAYING MY XBOX GAMES ON MY PC??

WHY I AM BEING RESTRICTED FROM PLAYING MY XBOX GAMES ON MY PC??: I am not part of any Microsoft Family groups and my account is restricted from playing xbox games. Nor have I ever delegated my account access to anyone. I need this solved. I don't need these restrictions nor do I want them. Anytime I try to open my games, it wants me to ask...
  9. When I play games my GPU is not being used, and it does not show up on task manager

When I play games my GPU is not being used, and it does not show up on task manager: I have a GTX 1660 ti. As soon as I upgraded to windows 11, my gpu stopped working in games. Whenever I look at my task or device manager my GPU does not show up. What can I do?...
  10. When I play games my GPU is not being used, and it does not show up on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play games my GPU is not being used, and it does not show up on task manager: I have a GTX 1660 ti. As soon as I upgraded to windows 11, my gpu stopped working in games. Whenever I look at my task or device manager my GPU does not show up. What can I do?...