Windows 10: Am I being scammed?

Discus and support Am I being scammed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I heard an alarm bell going on my laptop. Then a message saying that I needed to update Windows 10 drivers. Then a message from Tweakbit.com telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gisellephillips, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Am I being scammed?

I heard an alarm bell going on my laptop. Then a message saying that I needed to update Windows 10 drivers.

Then a message from Tweakbit.com telling me to install & update Windows 10.

Is this a scam?

:)

gisellephillips, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

Am I being scammed?

Smeed, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Am I being scammed?

1. Am I being scammed? - Similar Threads - being scammed

2. I need to confirm I'm not being scammed by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to confirm I'm not being scammed by Microsoft?: Oct 19th my computer froze up. A banner page said to call Microsoft support. I called and talked to a Steven Rogers. Emp. ID: MS000213, Case ID: GD00123. After 1 1/2 hours, he informed me my accounts have been hacked. He ran a, Ultra Viewer 6.6 scan. ID: 39 444 206, Password:...
  3. I need to confirm I'm not being scammed by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to confirm I'm not being scammed by Microsoft?: Oct 19th my computer froze up. A banner page said to call Microsoft support. I called and talked to a Steven Rogers. Emp. ID: MS000213, Case ID: GD00123. After 1 1/2 hours, he informed me my accounts have been hacked. He ran a, Ultra Viewer 6.6 scan. ID: 39 444 206, Password:...
  4. I need to confirm I'm not being scammed by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why is there a scam app being allowed into Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a scam app being allowed into Microsoft Store?: I bought a new laptop and wanted to transfer my apps and files, from my old hp laptop, to the new one. So, I went online searching what are the ways available for doing this. I came across EaseUS Todo PCTrans an software to make transfer between PCs, but then I was worried if...
  6. Why is there a scam app being allowed into Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a scam app being allowed into Microsoft Store?: I bought a new laptop and wanted to transfer my apps and files, from my old hp laptop, to the new one. So, I went online searching what are the ways available for doing this. I came across EaseUS Todo PCTrans an software to make transfer between PCs, but then I was worried if...
  7. I am just trying to find a live human being to ask about a possible scam.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am just trying to find a live human being to ask about a possible scam.: please, somebody answer my question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-just-trying-to-find-a-live-human-being-to-ask/011357ee-aa6d-4433-ae71-fb31842ce550
  8. Recently email sent by Microsoft about being copied to One Drive. is it a scam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently email sent by Microsoft about being copied to One Drive. is it a scam: Recently email sent by Microsoft about files being copied to One Drive. is it a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-email-sent-by-microsoft-about-being/5f1f7d3c-7b76-4ce4-ba2b-fb12edc167de
  9. Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced...: This does not look right. Someone is using my Husband's name and he does not own a computer. I am the only one with a Microsoft 365 Personal account. What is this email? Microsoft Account Order Confirmation Separator Invoice Number : WIN48974984-xxxxxx...
  10. "Hack" into laptop after being scammed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Hack" into laptop after being scammed: So long story short, i'm not a bad person...my aunts husband died and in the midst of all this she got a phone call from some shady people who gained access to her laptop then encrypted it and put a password on it (she never had one before). Obviously she wasn't thinking and...