Windows 10: AM I CRAZY!!! HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER

Discus and support AM I CRAZY!!! HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was recently hacked on all devices and phones. Well thought it was over, I had issues printing from my work laptop to my personal printer. I go into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kelly Mcp, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Kelly Mcp Win User

AM I CRAZY!!! HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER

I was recently hacked on all devices and phones. Well thought it was over, I had issues printing from my work laptop to my personal printer. I go into the devices and printers and tons of crap has been added. I do have 2 Xboxs in the house and think that is what the initial thing. Excuse my verbiage I am not a full tech person.

As I speak an account for outlook was created. Here is a link to the pics https://1drv.ms/a/s!Ak880vrJKwelggXS-2n3KL7Ea6wa

Link from pictures

I have contacted a tech team, but wanted to see if any one had advise, info., etc.

Thanks

:)

Kelly Mcp, Mar 13, 2019

2. Hackers Attack the Internet

During the last 24 hours, 13 of the internet’s root servers have reported attacks by hackers in South Korea. The Homeland Security Department admitted that it has witnessed anomalous internet traffic, with three of the targeted servers being briefly overwhelmed by a series of attacks over 12 hour periods. This is being labelled as the most serious attack on the internet since 2002, although it still had almost no affect on internet users around the world. Initial reports suggest that malicious attempt is probably unlikely and it may simply have been hackers in South Korea having a bit of fun.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, Mar 13, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Hackers Can Make HP Printers Catch Fire!! Well, Singe Paper...

Researchers at Columbia University have investigated the security of HP network printers and have found them wanting. The basic problem is the complexity of the devices and the fact that the authenticity of firmware updates for these devices isn't checked by using a digital signature. MSNBC published an exclusive story, explaining how by using a hacked computer, the researchers could make their test printers do various nasties, such as continuously heat the fuser unit until the paper singed, at which point the printer shut off due to the built-in safety device, a thermal switch which cannot be overridden by software. They could also be programmed to spread viruses, which would be very dangerous, as these attacking printers would be within the firewall perimeter, allowing them unrestricted access to the soft underbelly of the network. And as the MSNBC article put it so well: "Few companies are prepared to protect themselves from an attack by their own printer." Quite, seems ridiculous at first sight, doesn't it? The researches focused on HP printers, which are by far the most popular brand out there, but say that there are similar vulnerabilities within all devices which employ embedded networked computers, leaving them wide open to attack, hence the industry should wake up to this threat and fix their systems before hackers start to exploit these for real. HP for their part, played down the overall threat and disagreed on several points made by the researchers. Also, the attacks were carried out using Linux and Mac computers and the suggestion seems to be that it's somehow harder to do with a Windows computer. There's a lot more detail at the MSNBC article and readers are encouraged to check it out.

AM I CRAZY!!! HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER printer-hack_thm.gif

AM I CRAZY!!! HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER imagesizer_thm.jpg

qubit, Mar 13, 2019
  4. AM I CRAZY!!! HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

AM I CRAZY!!! HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER

1. AM I CRAZY!!! HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER - Similar Threads - CRAZY HACKER ATTACK

2. I am suspecting a hacker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am suspecting a hacker: I suspect a hacker is sniffing around my system. I don't have virtual machines installed on my system, and also, I don't have Hyver-V checked in my windows features. I noticed I keep seeing VmmemCmZygote and Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service and other files that...
  3. I am suspecting a hacker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am suspecting a hacker: I suspect a hacker is sniffing around my system. I don't have virtual machines installed on my system, and also, I don't have Hyver-V checked in my windows features. I noticed I keep seeing VmmemCmZygote and Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service and other files that...
  4. Hacker on Windows and Xbox devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacker on Windows and Xbox devices: Hello! Recently two microsoft accounts i made, one in november of last year and one february of this year were both hacked through means unknown to me, both accounts were mysteriously added to foreign Xboxes and in both cases the people on the other side of those screens...
  5. Is the emoji keyboard missing ≠ or am I crazy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the emoji keyboard missing ≠ or am I crazy?: I spent 5 minutes looking through the emoji keyboard. Yes I know there are a lot of other ways to get the not equal sign but I like that the emoji keyboard saves a history of recent symbols so keeping it there is ideal. Did I miss it? Is there a way to search the symbols or...
  6. Mouse crazy in games via rdp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse crazy in games via rdp: Hello I would like to know how I configure the mouse to play via remote desktop, in games that do not use the movement of moving the mouse work very well, more games like csgo, the mouse is madly out of control I move to the side and it will down, I move to the left it...
  7. Hackers scammers on Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hackers scammers on Xbox: Hello everybody i recently got scammed and hacked out of my account by a namertag called llllllllll.x something please if you see this player report him and all his friends i belive there a nasty cult spreading a virus to all players online . PLEASE DO IT FOR THE GOOD OF...
  8. How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop: How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop connection” windows tool? do hackers have tools that detect the logins of the machines that are are approached by the “remote desktop connection” windows tool? [img] 133565
  9. Devices and Printers - Attack of the Clones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices and Printers - Attack of the Clones: Every few months for the last couple of years I open Devices and Printers in Control Panel to find many clones of the same item under Multimedia Devices. There is an obvious glitch in how Windows handles these devices, as they are not recognised as the same device and another...
  10. HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HACKER ATTACK VIA XBOX AND PRINTER: I was recently hacked on all devices and phones. Well thought it was over, I had issues printing from my work laptop to my personal printer. I go into the devices and printers and tons of crap has been added. I do have 2 Xboxs in the house and think that is what the initial...