Windows 10: Am I fed up with Microsoft support or what???

Discus and support Am I fed up with Microsoft support or what??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been in contact with Microsoft support for about a week now and gone through 9 agents and 2 Tiers of support on the chat line to fix problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveNetzman, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Am I fed up with Microsoft support or what???

I have been in contact with Microsoft support for about a week now and gone through 9 agents and 2 Tiers of support on the chat line to fix problems caused by Windows 10 update. These agents have a nasty habit of starting a procedure and jumping off the chat line before verifying that the problems have been fixed. My computer has been left unusable after one restart and the support agent was not to be found. Even though he has my call back information readily at hand. Call backs have been scheduled but no phone calls have come through. The support line phone number advises that support is going exclusively on a shaky chat line. No person-to-person phone conversations.

This is totally dysfunctional. Can it be that Microsoft, once the jewel of the IS Industry is now just so much slag?

:)

SteveNetzman, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 29, 2020
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Oct 29, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Am I fed up with Microsoft support or what???

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Am I fed up with Microsoft support or what???

1. Am I fed up with Microsoft support or what??? - Similar Threads - fed Microsoft support

2. I am fed up with blue screens!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am fed up with blue screens!!: Whenever my laptop is switched on, for it to work properly multiple series of blue screens appear. After switching on at first of I use browser and then switch to file explorer then blue screen appears. If I connect a external hard drive to my laptop and try toh copy cut...
  3. I am fed up with blue screens!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am fed up with blue screens!!: Whenever my laptop is switched on, for it to work properly multiple series of blue screens appear. After switching on at first of I use browser and then switch to file explorer then blue screen appears. If I connect a external hard drive to my laptop and try toh copy cut...
  4. FED UP WITH MICROSOFT AND LOSING PHOTOS

FED UP WITH MICROSOFT AND LOSING PHOTOS: I am so sick and tired of losing pictures while writing in my journal which includes photos that cannot be replaced: photos of my children and our family from years past-- many now lost; photos of my son who has passed away -- now lost. It there anything better than...
  5. I am so pissed off and fed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am so pissed off and fed up: I am trying to create an account that does not have administrative privileges but every time I create a new account it automatically gets administrative privileges. I have even used command prompt and still I cannot get rid of administrative privileges....
  6. FED UP WITH BING

FED UP WITH BING: How do I get rid of this it makes it difficult to start my computer and see my emails Stupid Bing, I can't see it in apps to uninstall it please help Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fed-up-with-bing/51f88a65-87e1-4bf9-b0b0-5d3e6548129e
  7. what sort of bullshit is this i am fed up of these windows errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what sort of bullshit is this i am fed up of these windows errors: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MacX14127 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsl86l/what_sort_of_bullshit_is_this_i_am_fed_up_of/
  8. Hacked and fed up with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hacked and fed up with it: Cant get rid of them. Him / her. Somehow they managed to get onto two of my computers and get adminastative rights. Basically own my computers. So no matter what i do it has no effect. and ive been trying everything for the last three months. Every thing of any value is...
  9. I'm fed up with this.........................

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm fed up with this.........................: At least once a day I get a Notification - bottom right of screen Windows 10.......... "Microsoft Account Problem". If I click on this I get taken to a Settings window headed "Shared Experiences Accounts Some of your accounts require attention Fix Now" So when I...
  10. Fed up with Cookies....

in Windows 10 Support
    Fed up with Cookies....: What's the latest on blocking Cookie notices altogether.... ? 128070