Windows 10: Am I in the right place. Kids and the internet

Discus and support Am I in the right place. Kids and the internet in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I've never done this before and I'm not sure if I'm even in the right place but I have an idea that has arisen since the stupid Momo... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DesJnr1968, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Am I in the right place. Kids and the internet

Hello everyone. I've never done this before and I'm not sure if I'm even in the right place but I have an idea that has arisen since the stupid Momo thing started appearing all over my Facebook page. I'm seeing a pattern of parents complaining about passwords, keeping an eye on their kids etc so I got to thinking.
    What if I could sit at my PC or tablet and see exactly what my kids are doing on their devices. Does such an app exist? If so where can I get it.

If it doesn't then why hasn't anyone created one?
    Imagine: I could be sat in the lounge and the kids would be in their rooms and I could track what they are doing. I could see what they are seeing. I could stop content playing or block it altogether. I could check their history and look for unsavoury trends all with one simple application. I'm not suggesting I smother them with cotton wool but I am saying that parents can't be with their kids 24/7 (Anyone who says otherwise is lying). So I'm handing over to you guys to enlighten me with your staggering, mindblowing, galaxian sized intellects to point me in the right direction. Sorry I'm new at this so please be gentle.

:)

DesJnr1968, Feb 28, 2019
  2. AndySteck Win User

Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

• Is there a way to dissable access to Internet Explorer entirely from within Kids Corner?
    This way if a game has a link to a webpage or youtube video the kid pressing that button can't get to it.

I will post the suggestion at the feature suggestions page. But to me this sounds more like a flaw in the Kids Corner coding and should be patched.

• Is there another forum I should post to in order to raise additional awareness?

AndySteck, Feb 28, 2019
  3. AndySteck Win User
    Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

Best feature for myself as a parent is Kids Corner. The problem is my 3 year old found a backdoor to the internet through Kids Corner. Please help me to prevent the following from happening.....

Example:

When in the Kids Corner playing Angry Birds there is a button to press to watch a video. After pressing it, the YouTube.com webpage launches in the browser. Now any youtube video can be played and the internet can be browsed.

This defeats the purpose of Kids Corner, and takes away the control I need to have as the parent.

• How can the internet be blocked from launching from within an App in Kids Corner?
    If this is not the correct room, please direct me to the proper place to begin this thread.

AndySteck, Feb 28, 2019
  4. bro67 Win User

Am I in the right place. Kids and the internet

How to restrict wi-fi internet access to kids?

It does not work that way. Take the phones and lock them down in the parental controls. Set the Parental controls on the Gateway.

At bedtime, have them place the phones in a basket. For every week that they detox from the phones under your rules as a parent, give them $5-10.

You are the parent. You came here for suggestions and now you are upset with them, so it is starting to sound like the children are ruling the roost.

Step up and tell them that bedtime during the week is at a certain time and they agree to the rules.

Summer is coming up and you need to give them a little leniency. Otherwise you are going to find out that you will suddenly become the most hated person in the household.

bro67, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Am I in the right place. Kids and the internet

1. Am I in the right place. Kids and the internet - Similar Threads - right place Kids

2. Blue screen but place to login. The cursor is movable and on the lower right corner, I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen but place to login. The cursor is movable and on the lower right corner, I am...: Hello,I was updating my windows 10 to the latest version and this happened. I can move the cursor around and on the bottom right, I can select all the option but there is no way to login. I did some research and someone mentioned to go to the BIOS and disable "Fast Boot" but...
  3. Blue screen but place to login. The cursor is movable and on the lower right corner, I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen but place to login. The cursor is movable and on the lower right corner, I am...: Hello,I was updating my windows 10 to the latest version and this happened. I can move the cursor around and on the bottom right, I can select all the option but there is no way to login. I did some research and someone mentioned to go to the BIOS and disable "Fast Boot" but...
  4. Blue screen but place to login. The cursor is movable and on the lower right corner, I am...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Am i doing things right?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am i doing things right?: Hello, I just built a mew pc and was trying to reset my old pc and delete everything off of it so i could give it to a friend. I went into update and security in setrings and picked "Reset This PC". It restarted my computer, not the power button is on but the screen is black....
  6. My icons don't place right

in Windows 10 Customization
    My icons don't place right: Hello, I do not know what happened but maybe an hour ago My icons weren't placing right as in I can only place a icon in the middle of other icons I have my icons on the left I cant place anything on the right. Its hard explain but I basically can't place my icons....
  7. Unsure if I'm in the right place

Unsure if I'm in the right place: Okay guys (and mods) please bear with me. This week has been absolutely shitty, and today is the cherry on top. Long story short, I can afford internet for the first time in two years, I boot up my pc..... And I can't remember my password. I'm okay with wiping everything,...
  8. Not connected to the internet, but I am!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not connected to the internet, but I am!: overnight windows has decided to stop working correctly and forced an update to version 2004. internet gone slow is an understatement although I am still connected. Steam, Origin, blizzard and epic sign in but say I'm offline. it also times out when searching on Microsoft...
  9. Contacting the right place

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Contacting the right place: Ok i was on facebook and found a app with age if empires as its video. I want to know how to contact the right department to get that **** removed the app is called Era Revolution[IMG]...
  10. I hope this is the right place to be

I hope this is the right place to be: I own Halo Wars 2 on Xbox, but when signed into the windows store/Xbox store on my PC it is making me pay to get the game even though I should have access to it. The reason it’s not showing up is because I uninstalled it because the game was glitching out. Now, I can’t re...