Windows 10: Am I killing my computer?

Discus and support Am I killing my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've noticed my laptop getting pretty hot when I play games. I downloaded open hardware monitor to look at the temperatures, and all of my CPU (intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nerdtendo64, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Am I killing my computer?

I've noticed my laptop getting pretty hot when I play games. I downloaded open hardware monitor to look at the temperatures, and all of my CPU (intel i7 8750h) cores are constantly hovering 2-5 degrees below what is considered "maximum" (about 90 celcius on each core). Likewise, the GPU (GeForce GTX 1060) is riding right at what it says is max temperature. Am I about to burn this thing out? I leave it running overnight with it's screen off because I run a server from it, but if I'm breaking the computer, I might have to cut it out.

submitted by /u/Nerdtendo64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nerdtendo64, Apr 8, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, Apr 8, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

Am I killing my computer?

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Am I killing my computer?

1. Am I killing my computer? - Similar Threads - killing computer

2. What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.: I had just got home, ready to play some guitar using the effects on FL Studio, and when I went to plug in my quarter inch stereo audio cable into the line output of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen Audio Interface, powered by my computer via a USB Type-A Male to USB Type-C...
  3. What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.: I had just got home, ready to play some guitar using the effects on FL Studio, and when I went to plug in my quarter inch stereo audio cable into the line output of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen Audio Interface, powered by my computer via a USB Type-A Male to USB Type-C...
  4. What do I do after my audio interface killed my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SEP 2022 Windows 10 Update killed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SEP 2022 Windows 10 Update killed my computer: Boot up LED diagnostics on my Dell Precision 7510 after SEP 2022 WIN 10 PRO 64-bit Update: ... Storage LED, OFF; Power LED, OFF; Wireless LED, OFF. I spent or better stated wasted over ten hours on CHAT and VOICE support - even elevated to T3 a couple of times T3 technicians...
  6. SEP 2022 Windows 10 Update killed my computer

SEP 2022 Windows 10 Update killed my computer: Boot up LED diagnostics on my Dell Precision 7510 after SEP 2022 WIN 10 PRO 64-bit Update: ... Storage LED, OFF; Power LED, OFF; Wireless LED, OFF. I spent or better stated wasted over ten hours on CHAT and VOICE support - even elevated to T3 a couple of times T3 technicians...
  7. SEP 2022 Windows 10 Update killed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...: Hi there,I need someone from Technical help proper one! to help me with my computer crashing with no reason after the recent "update" for Windows 10. Also there is horrible FPS that is just killing everything what I do!Please, fix this issue asap or just restore pre-upgrade...
  9. Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...

Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...: Hi there,I need someone from Technical help proper one! to help me with my computer crashing with no reason after the recent "update" for Windows 10. Also there is horrible FPS that is just killing everything what I do!Please, fix this issue asap or just restore pre-upgrade...
  10. Recent Windows 10 Update killed my FPS and causes my computer to freeze and I have to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade