Windows 10: Am I Mistaken About 2004?

Discus and support Am I Mistaken About 2004? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Finally took the plunge today and upgraded 2 laptops to ver 2004. I thought the big thing about this upgrade was supposed to be the new start menu but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CChamp, Oct 28, 2020.

1. CChamp Win User

Am I Mistaken About 2004?

Finally took the plunge today and upgraded 2 laptops to ver 2004. I thought the big thing about this upgrade was supposed to be the new start menu but neither of my laptops has the new start menu after the upgrade. Was I wrong in my thinking? Thanks in advance

:)

CChamp, Oct 28, 2020
  2. OldNavyGuy, Oct 28, 2020
  3. blzmn Win User
    2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Am I Mistaken About 2004?

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

I would suggest reading the list of Known Issues.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...indows-10-2004

I was able to force install it in early June, and I tested it for a couple days before rolling back to 1909.

Microsoft apparently has now decided to block force installs.

OldNavyGuy, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Am I Mistaken About 2004?

1. Am I Mistaken About 2004? - Similar Threads - Mistaken 2004

2. Mistakenly chose work rather than personal in win 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mistakenly chose work rather than personal in win 10 setup: Hi I've just got a new laptop and was going through the win 10 Pro setup and incorrectly chose for it to be a work PC when I should have set it up as a personal. I've got all the way through and it wants an 'Other user' login and password which I dont have. How can I reset...
  3. Mistakenly installed a Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mistakenly installed a Trojan: I was trying to download a book from a website but it messed up my pc . After downloading windows defender started giving me multiple notifications of a trojan on my pc I immediately started the actions of remove on all the threats but some the threats were blocked and in...
  4. I mistakenly made my D: drive as document folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I mistakenly made my D: drive as document folder.: I was planning to move my documents folder from C:\Users\Inspiron Laptop\Documents to D:\Documents. But instead I made the whole drive D: as documents folder. After this I tried restoring default location of the documents folder via properties to undo my mistake but a pop-up...
  5. Mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro.: I mistakenly installed Win 10 Home instead of Pro and now my windows won't activate. The activation troubleshoot directs me to the MS Store but there I don't have the option to install Pro and I don't have a key since it's a digital license attached to my account....
  6. Can't change windows password, mistakens for microsoft account password change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change windows password, mistakens for microsoft account password change.: My mom wants to change her password on her old windows computer, suddenly, when she tries through account> sign-in options> change password it just redirects her to her microsoft account, where she has to type her current password, and what the new password should be. I know...
  7. How do I delete an admin user that I have mistakenly created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I delete an admin user that I have mistakenly created: I had an admin user setup on my other laptop. I converted it to a standard user but before that I mistakenly put in an email address that was quite similar to mine and made that account as admin. I am in a fix now, where the admin rights to my computer belong to someone I...
  8. I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended Windows Explorer process. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended Windows Explorer process. How do I get it back?: Windows 10 system - I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended process on Explorer - entire toolbar with Microsoft icon, browsers, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc disappeared. How do I get it back?...
  9. Help with removing mistaken email address in People

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with removing mistaken email address in People: What a frustrating situation! When I first entered my son-in-law's email address, I hit a wrong key. Instead of sbcglobal I entered abcglobal. Now the erroneous address is permanently in my address book. When I type his name, the wrong address appears along with the correct...
  10. "Temp folder" mistakenly moved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Temp folder" mistakenly moved: I can't remember the exact circumstances, but I believe this occurred upon restarting from a recent Win10 update. A notice popped up saying something about my "temp" folder getting full and asking my permission to move it. I had no idea what I was doing but figured they did,...