Windows 10: Am I Mistaken About 2004?

Discus and support Am I Mistaken About 2004? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Finally took the plunge today and upgraded 2 laptops to ver 2004. I thought the big thing about this upgrade was supposed to be the new start menu but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CChamp, Oct 28, 2020.

1. CChamp Win User

Am I Mistaken About 2004?

Finally took the plunge today and upgraded 2 laptops to ver 2004. I thought the big thing about this upgrade was supposed to be the new start menu but neither of my laptops has the new start menu after the upgrade. Was I wrong in my thinking? Thanks in advance

:)

CChamp, Oct 28, 2020
  2. OldNavyGuy, Oct 28, 2020
  3. blzmn Win User
    2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Am I Mistaken About 2004?

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

I would suggest reading the list of Known Issues.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...indows-10-2004

I was able to force install it in early June, and I tested it for a couple days before rolling back to 1909.

Microsoft apparently has now decided to block force installs.

OldNavyGuy, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Am I Mistaken About 2004?

1. Am I Mistaken About 2004? - Similar Threads - Mistaken 2004

2. Mistakenly enabled family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mistakenly enabled family: I mistakenly enrolled for Microsoft family when I didn't intend to do that. Now, I have a parent account as "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" that I can't access and when I try to use the child account which is the one that I always use for my work and would like...
  3. Mistakenly enabled family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mistakenly enabled family: I mistakenly enrolled for Microsoft family when I didn't intend to do that. Now, I have a parent account as "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" that I can't access and when I try to use the child account which is the one that I always use for my work and would like...
  4. Mistakenly enabled family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I removed the threat before mistakenly clicked allowing threat, will my laptop have problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I removed the threat before mistakenly clicked allowing threat, will my laptop have problems?: This is a following post for Feb 6Bascially, after removing all malware and trojan. And I accidently clicked allowing threat trojanpop-up from window defender. I was still paranoid about I misclicked it, and then I reinstalled my windows. I just want to make sure my laptop is...
  6. I removed the threat before mistakenly clicked allowing threat, will my laptop have problems?

I removed the threat before mistakenly clicked allowing threat, will my laptop have problems?: This is a following post for Feb 6Bascially, after removing all malware and trojan. And I accidently clicked allowing threat trojanpop-up from window defender. I was still paranoid about I misclicked it, and then I reinstalled my windows. I just want to make sure my laptop is...
  7. how do I turn off the dyslexic/accessibility font as I mistakenly turned it on and cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I turn off the dyslexic/accessibility font as I mistakenly turned it on and cant...: how do I turn off the dyslexic/accessibility font as I mistakenly turned it on and cant undo. HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-dyslexicaccessibility-font/1af444e4-4c4a-422e-8967-2b7201880305
  8. how do I turn off the dyslexic/accessibility font as I mistakenly turned it on and cant...

how do I turn off the dyslexic/accessibility font as I mistakenly turned it on and cant...: how do I turn off the dyslexic/accessibility font as I mistakenly turned it on and cant undo. HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-dyslexicaccessibility-font/1af444e4-4c4a-422e-8967-2b7201880305
  9. how do I turn off the dyslexic/accessibility font as I mistakenly turned it on and cant...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. I mistakenly formatted my new laptop, how do I get back the Genuine window and key?

I mistakenly formatted my new laptop, how do I get back the Genuine window and key?: Good day, I recently bought a new HP laptop 12 gen but I mistakenly formatted the window. Now I want to reload the genuine window 11 but I don't know how to go about it and get the genuine key back. Kindly help...