Windows 10: Am I still eligible to get Windows 10 for free?

Discus and support Am I still eligible to get Windows 10 for free? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using a windows 7 computer for a while that I'd like to upgrade to windows 10. However, at some point my copy of windows 7 became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wsnizik00, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Am I still eligible to get Windows 10 for free?

I've been using a windows 7 computer for a while that I'd like to upgrade to windows 10. However, at some point my copy of windows 7 became "non-genuine", and since then I've just dealt with the watermark and occasional popup as I cannot find the code, and I've never looked too hard as these minor interferences are of no obstacle to me. Now, however, I've decided to move on to windows 10. I installed the media creation tool, ran it, and it said since my current copy of windows was not verified I had to give a product key for either windows 10 or windows 7. I cannot find my key for windows 7, and I'd like to avoid paying for 10 if at all possible. Is there any other things I could try? Many thanks!

submitted by /u/wsnizik00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wsnizik00, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 7, 2021
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Am I still eligible to get Windows 10 for free?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Am I still eligible to get Windows 10 for free?

1. Am I still eligible to get Windows 10 for free? - Similar Threads - still eligible free

2. I paid for free solitaire but am still getting ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I paid for free solitaire but am still getting ads: solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-paid-for-free-solitaire-but-am-still-getting-ads/cb517b0b-1a16-4259-9ee2-4b2449c9555c
  3. I paid for free solitaire but am still getting ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I paid for free solitaire but am still getting ads: solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-paid-for-free-solitaire-but-am-still-getting-ads/cb517b0b-1a16-4259-9ee2-4b2449c9555c
  4. If I downgrade from windows 11 back to windows 10, will I be eligible for the free windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I downgrade from windows 11 back to windows 10, will I be eligible for the free windows...: My laptop was running Windows 10, it says it was compatible for windows 11, so I manually downloaded it from Microsoft website and installed it, but my fan is making a lot of noise and its not stopping, and my laptop is getting quite hot along with some other minor issues! If...
  5. If I downgrade from windows 11 back to windows 10, will I be eligible for the free windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I downgrade from windows 11 back to windows 10, will I be eligible for the free windows...: My laptop was running Windows 10, it says it was compatible for windows 11, so I manually downloaded it from Microsoft website and installed it, but my fan is making a lot of noise and its not stopping, and my laptop is getting quite hot along with some other minor issues! If...
  6. Am not eligible for Windows11.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Am not eligible for Windows11.: Can someone help me find out what about my computer does not meet the requirements for Windows 11? I have been a staunch supporter of Windows for many, many years and feel cheated that I cannot download Windows 11....
  7. Tried signing up for azure free account, says I am not eligible.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried signing up for azure free account, says I am not eligible.: Hi I am trying to sign up for free azure account, but this is what I get. You're not eligible for an Azure free account. I get the same problem if I go with pay as you go. submitted by /u/Mode_Legitimate [link] [comments]...
  8. Can we still get windows 10 for free? I have 8.1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can we still get windows 10 for free? I have 8.1: submitted by /u/Alas-my-children [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evk4lm/can_we_still_get_windows_10_for_free_i_have_81/
  9. Free upgrade eligibility check

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade eligibility check: My computer currently has a Windows 7 x64 upgrade license on it (with all the reinstall annoyances that entails) - originally it was Vista x32. I just wanted to verify that upgrade keys are eligible for the free Windows 10 promo before I start the download, and I can't seem...
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024