Windows 10: Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers?

Discus and support Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if it's a recent update that's done this, or new drivers, but I've noticed that the sound quality on browsers is significantly lower than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GamingGeek713, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers?

I don't know if it's a recent update that's done this, or new drivers, but I've noticed that the sound quality on browsers is significantly lower than the sound quality on downloaded files. To test it I downloaded a song from youtube, and played it in mpv and compared it to 3 browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox), but all three sounded the same, and mpv sounded objectively better. The same thing is happening on both my computers. I'm 99% sure it wasn't like this before.

submitted by /u/GamingGeek713
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GamingGeek713, Jan 25, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 25, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers? :p

cadaveca, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers?

Smittychat., Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers?

1. Am I the only one having lower sound quality on browsers? - Similar Threads - having lower sound

2. Poor quality on all but one headset, on only one pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor quality on all but one headset, on only one pc: I've recently gotten two new headphones for Christmas, both of which are very high quality Sony and Steelseries arctis 4 and sound great on every device except for my personal computer. Ive tried other windows computers and they sound just fine. My computer does this for...
  3. Poor quality on all but one headset, on only one pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor quality on all but one headset, on only one pc: I've recently gotten two new headphones for Christmas, both of which are very high quality Sony and Steelseries arctis 4 and sound great on every device except for my personal computer. Ive tried other windows computers and they sound just fine. My computer does this for...
  4. I only have one name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only have one name: hello because of abuse in my past and gender issues presently I use and am known only by one name, how do I get microsoft to except this for my account, It seems to only want me to have both a first and a second name. currently i am listed as Mo Mo so good they named me twice...
  5. I only have one name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I only have one name: hello because of abuse in my past and gender issues presently I use and am known only by one name, how do I get microsoft to except this for my account, It seems to only want me to have both a first and a second name. currently i am listed as Mo Mo so good they named me twice...
  6. sound quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound quality: When I'm on a zoom meeting the sound is garbled like it is under water. This is true for both what I hear and what the other people hear when I talk. Is there something I can do to correct this?...
  7. sound in one ear only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound in one ear only: since switching to microsoft edge I can only hear out one side of my headphones and its not the mono setting or speaker balance or the headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-in-one-ear-only/e3848f78-3694-4aa9-a6f9-25cfab7017ec
  8. Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio): My friend's laptop, a Dell G3 3779, started having random periods where the audio quality would lower as if it were being played through a radio, we tried to update the Realtek drivers to no avail, also uninstalling them altogether then restarting. Audio isn't my area of...
  9. Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser??: Hi, I've just come across something strange and I wondered if anyone can explain it or help with it. I've been writing a song and just mastered it. I've played the song in a couple of media players and in both of them, the volume (and it SOUNDS to me like the quality too but...
  10. sound quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound quality: So I have recently updated from win 8.1 pro to win10 pro..... The sound quality in win 8.1pro was very nice an the bass were goo n my headphones ....but after i updated to win 10 pro the quality is bad ....pls help...