Windows 10: Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing?

Discus and support Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My new laptop came with Edge. If I uninstall Edge, can I get normal IE back? Also, just how do you sort your favorites alphabetically? Nothing is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by trojwl, Sep 11, 2015.

1. trojwl Win User

Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing?

My new laptop came with Edge. If I uninstall Edge, can I get normal IE back? Also, just how do you sort your favorites alphabetically? Nothing is obvious about this program at all. Much like Bing, I think Edge totally misses the mark (whatever that is). And I never use Bing. Any info would be appreciated.

:)

trojwl, Sep 11, 2015
  2. rwb1012 Win User

Am i the only one who thinks this?

It's not designed to play video and it is mad to try. It doesn't make sense to use the RDP virtual display driver (lowest common denominator) instead of pointing a local app at the video source. Using a local video app will give you the best quality video
    at a much lower bandwidth usage.

rwb1012, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Am I the only one who is disappointed ?

Hello,

I use Skype from its earliest versions. I must say I am disappointed each version is less useful than old ones. For example 2 important things you "went backwards" on

• The ability to save conversations/history to file
    • The setting that I can set Skype to automatically load when Win10 starts
    • When new chat came I got no notification except immediate ones, so if I am not in front or I am busy with other things I might ignore messages I got from others. At early versions the Skype symbol at program bar at windows bottom was flushing or being
      bold with number of unread messages etc
    Although I was big fan of Skype, having lost those advantages I am considering "moving" to other applications
    like WhatsApp etc.

Eran2099Eran2099, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing?

Hi

IE is still there, its under All Apps and then Windows accessories, just pin it to start menu or taskbar

also go into Settings, System and Default Apps, set IE back as the default

paulsalter, Sep 11, 2015
  5. trojwl Win User
    It worked.

Thanks and have a great weekend. I hope all your teams win!

trojwl, Sep 11, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    And you don't have to use Bing in Edge. I've got google set as both my start page and search engine. I've enabled the home page button and selected my chosen site for it. I've also got it set so that when I open a new tab it lists my favorite sites with clickable large icons.

It needs a lot of improvements and these have been promised by MS and will be coming soon.

WhyMe, Sep 11, 2015
  7. Good to hear it worked *Smile

paulsalter, Sep 11, 2015
  8. trojwl Win User

Actually I may have spoken too soon. It worked on my HP but not on my Lenovo (both recent purchases). On the Lenovo I set IE as default, hit OK, opened IE from the bottom tray, and the dreaded Edge showed its ugly face again.

Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

I still hope your teams win.

Thanks

trojwl, Sep 11, 2015
  9. Hi,

Double check that it is IE that is pinned to the taskbar and not Edge, they have a very similar logo

paulsalter, Sep 11, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Did you set defaults in the Classic Control Panel or 'Modern' Settings?
    You have to set those defaults in Modern Settings:

Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing? [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 11, 2015
  11. trojwl Win User
    For the life of me I can't find the above page. I didn't know about the different types of control panels.
    Just purchased last week pre-loaded with W10 if that matters.

thx

trojwl, Sep 11, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    Start►All apps►Settings►System►Default apps

Edwin, Sep 11, 2015
  13. trojwl Win User

Absolutely fantastic info! Worked like sliced bread.

I hope your teams go undefeated.

THANKS!

trojwl, Sep 11, 2015
  14. WhyMe Win User
    I do like those arrows! Much more pleasing to the eye than a simple >>> !

WhyMe, Sep 11, 2015
  15. trojwl Win User
    I'm back.

The bottom tray icon pulled up IE just one time. After that I get nothing but that awful Edge. Went thru the change process a couple times but it apparently never "took". I didn't see a save changes or apply button and did not reboot. It's like they REALLY want you using Edge (lol).

trojwl, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing? - Similar Threads - does Microsoft Edge

2. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  3. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  4. Does I am the only one still using picasa in 2023

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does I am the only one still using picasa in 2023: [ATTACH] Picasa 3.9 is still the best image viewer in windows so far with transparent background. Still superior in performance than builtin latest windows photos app. submitted by /u/shinning_one [link] [comments]...
  5. Who I am?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who I am?: I am play crafting and building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-i-am/049af37d-db8f-4316-b844-128c2aee58dc
  6. Who I am?

Who I am?: I am play crafting and building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-i-am/049af37d-db8f-4316-b844-128c2aee58dc
  7. Am I the only one who noticed the new rounded corners in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am I the only one who noticed the new rounded corners in File Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/henrik_z4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nt0yun/am_i_the_only_one_who_noticed_the_new_rounded/
  8. Microsoft Edge/Bing

Microsoft Edge/Bing: How do I permanently turn these off? I've got all my settings to "off," yet it keeps popping open. I'd like to get rid of it permanently, but it doesn't want to let me, so turning it off permanently will be the next best thing....
  9. Am I the only one who wants a merger between Win8 and Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Am I the only one who wants a merger between Win8 and Win10?: Soo, I got the ''black screen with mouse cursor'' log-in error yesterday. Should have checked here first, but I ended-up ''reset this pc, keeping files''. This got me back into Win10, but activation was all jakked-up; since my pre-release tech preview product key was no...
  10. Am I the only one who HATES the idea of Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Am I the only one who HATES the idea of Cortana: Hi there I really LOATHE these voice activated command sets -- we have enough "noisy intrusions" already with people screaming away at the top of their voices on mobile phones in public areas or even in open plan offices - people just forget any sort of decent...