Windows 10: Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing?

Discus and support Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Have you confirmed the target location for IE is correctly specified? I just tested on this system and I can change things fine here. An... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by trojwl, Sep 11, 2015.

1. WhyMe Win User

Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing?

Hi,

Have you confirmed the target location for IE is correctly specified? I just tested on this system and I can change things fine here. An incorrect target location is the only thing I can think of that would make Edge open instead of IE when clicking on the IE icon on your taskbar

Edit: Does the same thing happen when you click on the IE icon from within the Windows Accessories sub-menu?

WhyMe, Sep 11, 2015
  2. deb1262 Win User

I don't like IE or Edge. I don't use Bing either. I use Chrome and Google.

deb1262, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, more indicative of 'step by step' progression.

Edwin, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Start►All apps►Settings►System►Default apps

Start\All apps\Settings\System\Default apps

I always use the old whacks..

They should add those arrows to the keyboard and all coding, gives a progressive separation and makes it more readable

5. Edwin New Member
    It's a few extra key taps but, just hold Alt and type 16 on the Numeric Keypad then release Alt.

Edwin, Sep 11, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    ►►

Nice, I always forget about those, thanks Edwin

7. calvin Win User
    i ALWAYS used ie but after switching to win 10 i had to switch to firefox just to get things working , ms Edge is a big DUD
    now i have not one , not two...... but three browsers ....MS should have stopped at win 7

calvin, Sep 12, 2015
  8. trojwl Win User

Thanks to all who responded. I have learned quite a bit here. One being the "modern" menu. Another learning how the Edge and IE icons look very similar. I didn't realize that my changes actually "took" but when I hit the Edge icon in taskbar (mistakenly thinking that is was the IE icon) it overrode the IE default. I have since fixed problem where icon now takes me to IE.

Thanks again to all

trojwl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Am I the only one who does not like Microsoft Edge or Bing? - Similar Threads - does Microsoft Edge

2. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  3. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  4. Does I am the only one still using picasa in 2023

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does I am the only one still using picasa in 2023: [ATTACH] Picasa 3.9 is still the best image viewer in windows so far with transparent background. Still superior in performance than builtin latest windows photos app. submitted by /u/shinning_one [link] [comments]...
  5. Who I am?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who I am?: I am play crafting and building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-i-am/049af37d-db8f-4316-b844-128c2aee58dc
  6. Who I am?

Who I am?: I am play crafting and building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-i-am/049af37d-db8f-4316-b844-128c2aee58dc
  7. Am I the only one who noticed the new rounded corners in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am I the only one who noticed the new rounded corners in File Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/henrik_z4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nt0yun/am_i_the_only_one_who_noticed_the_new_rounded/
  8. Microsoft Edge/Bing

Microsoft Edge/Bing: How do I permanently turn these off? I've got all my settings to "off," yet it keeps popping open. I'd like to get rid of it permanently, but it doesn't want to let me, so turning it off permanently will be the next best thing....
  9. Am I the only one who wants a merger between Win8 and Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Am I the only one who wants a merger between Win8 and Win10?: Soo, I got the ''black screen with mouse cursor'' log-in error yesterday. Should have checked here first, but I ended-up ''reset this pc, keeping files''. This got me back into Win10, but activation was all jakked-up; since my pre-release tech preview product key was no...
  10. Am I the only one who HATES the idea of Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Am I the only one who HATES the idea of Cortana: Hi there I really LOATHE these voice activated command sets -- we have enough "noisy intrusions" already with people screaming away at the top of their voices on mobile phones in public areas or even in open plan offices - people just forget any sort of decent...