Windows 10: Am I the only one who just had Skype for Business randomly launch out of nowhere as soon as...

Discus and support Am I the only one who just had Skype for Business randomly launch out of nowhere as soon as... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just signed into my laptop and Skype for Business randomly launched out of nowhere. Keep in mind I have never used, let alone considered using, Skype... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hudsony12, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Am I the only one who just had Skype for Business randomly launch out of nowhere as soon as...

I just signed into my laptop and Skype for Business randomly launched out of nowhere. Keep in mind I have never used, let alone considered using, Skype for Business in my entire life so this is really weird. After a moment of looking around trying to figure out what I could have done to trigger this, I discovered that Skype for Business has attached itself to the list of startup programs on task manager and was even enabled.

Once again keep in mind I have never opened the Skype for Business app in my entire life, but this shit just randomly happened by itself. Has anyone else experienced this? It's all very strange.

submitted by /u/Hudsony12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hudsony12, Jul 20, 2020

2. Am I the only one who is disappointed ?

Hello,

I use Skype from its earliest versions. I must say I am disappointed each version is less useful than old ones. For example 2 important things you "went backwards" on

• The ability to save conversations/history to file
    • The setting that I can set Skype to automatically load when Win10 starts
    • When new chat came I got no notification except immediate ones, so if I am not in front or I am busy with other things I might ignore messages I got from others. At early versions the Skype symbol at program bar at windows bottom was flushing or being
      bold with number of unread messages etc
    Although I was big fan of Skype, having lost those advantages I am considering "moving" to other applications
    like WhatsApp etc.

Eran2099Eran2099, Jul 20, 2020
  3. tommyruud Win User
    Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, Jul 20, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Am I the only one who just had Skype for Business randomly launch out of nowhere as soon as...

Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

Just a suggestion... Do you have Microsoft Office installed? If you do Skype for Business is listed under your Microsoft Office folder in your start folder/ All apps. (that's where mine is listed) Right click on it, then choose Uninstall .

You Can install the regular Skype even if Skype for Business is installed.....I have both installed.

OldMike65, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Am I the only one who just had Skype for Business randomly launch out of nowhere as soon as...

1. Am I the only one who just had Skype for Business randomly launch out of nowhere as soon as... - Similar Threads - Skype Business randomly

2. Random BSODs out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs out of nowhere: Hello,here are the minidump files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w2bN7vPId7B0d2eRMAyjpNfsDhHN-B_z/view?usp=sharingmy Lenovo IdeaPad 3-14ALC6 started randomly restarting and bluescreening in the last month.It happens when i browse the net on Opera 102.0.4880.56, when i...
  3. Random BSODs out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs out of nowhere: Hello,here are the minidump files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w2bN7vPId7B0d2eRMAyjpNfsDhHN-B_z/view?usp=sharingmy Lenovo IdeaPad 3-14ALC6 started randomly restarting and bluescreening in the last month.It happens when i browse the net on Opera 102.0.4880.56, when i...
  4. I just got blue screen out of nowhere and i am scared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got blue screen out of nowhere and i am scared: So just like in the title I got blue screen and afer turning my laptop on again it said on the screen : Skip disk checking and then "repairing disk C" or sth like that, I am giving minidump from thisLaptop Gigabyte A5 K1 ryzen 7500h rtx...
  5. I just got blue screen out of nowhere and i am scared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just got blue screen out of nowhere and i am scared: So just like in the title I got blue screen and afer turning my laptop on again it said on the screen : Skip disk checking and then "repairing disk C" or sth like that, I am giving minidump from thisLaptop Gigabyte A5 K1 ryzen 7500h rtx...
  6. Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else: Hi,I have windows 11, and my microphone only works in Skype, nowhere else.I read another thread about this from 2020, but it didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-in-skype-nowhere-else/eaaa4df1-6485-4c54-aee6-04a2ea622633
  7. Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else: Hi,I have windows 11, and my microphone only works in Skype, nowhere else.I read another thread about this from 2020, but it didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-in-skype-nowhere-else/eaaa4df1-6485-4c54-aee6-04a2ea622633
  8. I just had some random podcast play in my headset out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just had some random podcast play in my headset out of nowhere.: Just about 20 minutes ago, a podcast just started playing in my headset. It came out of nowhere, when Spotify was paused, browser was not up, and Discord was up. I was not in a voice channel or call in Discord. This nearly scared me. I closed Spotify, and checked Task Manager...
  9. Skype for Business is here—and this is only the beginning

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business is here—and this is only the beginning: Enabling people to connect with one another is central to Microsoft’s mission to reinvent productivity and help people make the most of every moment. For us, connecting people means delivering experiences capable of conveying all forms of human expression—verbal, written,...
  10. Am I the only one who HATES the idea of Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Am I the only one who HATES the idea of Cortana: Hi there I really LOATHE these voice activated command sets -- we have enough "noisy intrusions" already with people screaming away at the top of their voices on mobile phones in public areas or even in open plan offices - people just forget any sort of decent...