Windows 10: Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?

Discus and support Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, Recently purchased a new Mini PC. This is my 3rd from Beelink but it had something different going on. When I first booted, I was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?

Greetings,

Recently purchased a new Mini PC. This is my 3rd from Beelink but it had something different going on. When I first booted, I was not greeted with the Windows setup procedure. Instead some sort of user environment already existed.

An app (or something) immediately opened that looked something like this --

Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL? [​IMG]

I presumed because it's a pricier product than usual they wanted to test it first and verify it worked. Maybe with the notion that I buy it, I boot it up, and it immediately sends a signal back to the home office the PC worked fine. So that if someone said, nah, it was a brick -- they can prove otherwise. (I'm just guessing.)

Anyway, I accepted the REBOOT and VOILA I was in the normal Windows boot procedure.

Okay. Now I'm wondering if I'm the only user on this PC. While I was fiddling with folder permissions somewhere I found a record of a Beelink Account with Admin privileges. This is what my Users folder looks like --

Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL? [​IMG]

(The top one is my name blacked out.)
    (See that PUBLIC account? It was created before I purchased this unit.)

QUESTIONS

1. Does anything look wrong there?
    2. Is that where that Beelink account would show?
    3. As an Admin can I simply erase said account OR --
    4. Do I need to do a complete reinstall?

The reason I was hesitant to do that (initially) when was I saw someone online had done it and then they talked about updating all the AMD drivers. I suppose the AMD Radeon App could do that easily (maybe) but I don't want to over-react.

Whadoyathink?

:)

The Pool Man, Dec 21, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Managing admin info on pc

Hello,

You need to make clean install and then setup your administrator account.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

Clean Install Windows 10

Let me know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 21, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?

clean install

Hi.
    Enabling the Hidden Administrator Account as Eagle suggested would allow you to give admin rights to your limited account from the hidden admin account. It would also allow you to create another admin user account, in case your limited account has become corrupt. I don't understand how it would make things worse?

And now you've reinstalled W10? Exactly what were the steps taken to do that? A clean install would automatically give you an admin user account.

simrick, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?

1. Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL? - Similar Threads - user ADMIN Should

2. I can't logon and I am the only admin!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't logon and I am the only admin!: I am the only admin. I have tried shift+restart and everything else to no avail. What can I do to get back in my computer.I used the find my device option and my computer is locked. I think that I removed the device from my list of devices. It says an admin has locked the...
  3. I can't logon and I am the only admin!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't logon and I am the only admin!: I am the only admin. I have tried shift+restart and everything else to no avail. What can I do to get back in my computer.I used the find my device option and my computer is locked. I think that I removed the device from my list of devices. It says an admin has locked the...
  4. How Should I Do a Complete Pc Clean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Should I Do a Complete Pc Clean?: How do I fully clean everything on the pc that a virus, trojan or other malware cannot come back?I think if I get some kind of tool on a usb stick would be nice? does those tools exist and where do I get them?let's say that I want to completely clean my pc with a usb...
  5. No Admin privileges but i am admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Admin privileges but i am admin: Hi guys, I am having troubles with my pc,it it been a couple of month i have tried almost everything. My Pc Win 10 home Architecture 64 bit i5/8gb/4gb nvidia 1650 Symptoms •100% gpu usage. •Glitches while playing video. •High temperature without performing tasks....
  6. Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?: Greetings, Recently purchased a new Mini PC. This is my 3rd from Beelink but it had something different going on. When I first booted, I was not greeted with the Windows setup procedure. Instead some sort of user environment already existed. An app (or something)...
  7. Trend Micro won't install, says I need admin rights but I am the admin and only user on my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trend Micro won't install, says I need admin rights but I am the admin and only user on my PC: Hi, I had an issue with trend micro not opening so I deleted it and am trying to reinstall it. When installing, it says I need admin privileges. However, I am the only user and have admin privileges on my PC. What do I do? submitted by /u/ExpertTheAmateur [link]...
  8. My lock screen wallpaper is blocked by a nonexistent admin (I am the only user/admin)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My lock screen wallpaper is blocked by a nonexistent admin (I am the only user/admin): I tried to go into settings to change my lock screen, but I saw this message instead: *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization* Keep in mind I'm the only account/admin account on this PC. And it's my own, there shouldn't be an organization...
  9. Admin rights on my pc revoked. i am unable to install on my single user home pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin rights on my pc revoked. i am unable to install on my single user home pc: Being the single user of my own pc. And I am not seeing Administrator under my user name only Microsoft account Id. I am unable to install any new programs. Tried running command pmt window as admin but not allowed to do so. I am also not seeing Local users option in Computer...
  10. should i now clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should i now clean install: evening guys, question for you all am using 10240 as an insider should I now do a clean install or just leave it running as it is , only with all the downloads and updates since day 1 i,ve accumulated 86gb used on my hard drive out of 234gb if so what product key do I use...