Windows 10: am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my...

Discus and support am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; s, amd I the victim of a scam?? there are about 7 or 8 things I am being told I have to agree to let windows do if I want to get my messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarlLink, Dec 13, 2018.

1. CarlLink Win User

am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my...

s, amd I the victim of a scam?? there are about 7 or 8 things I am being told I have to agree to let windows do if I want to get my messages including erasing them without my permission. Now I cannot get my lmessages at all. They are on my cell phone. WHY are they or you doing this???????mrssages and

:)

CarlLink, Dec 13, 2018

2. scam need to change password

Complete scam.

• Contact your financial institutions and tell them you were the victim of a scam and follow their recommendations
    • Clean install Windows 10 so that it formats and erases everything on your computer
    • Change all on-line passwords

Solar-Eclipse, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Victim of scam on windows 10 tablet installed syskey startup

My father was also a victim of this scam. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. I viewed a few site mentioning to go to safe mode and running malwarebyte but I can't go to safe mode, any suggestions?

KesterRagoonanan, Dec 13, 2018
  4. am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my...

Victim of a fake Microsoft scam I think

Yes, they could have that data.

I would contact your banks and tell them you were the victim of a scam and what would they suggest you do.

From another machine you should change your passwords.

To be sure, you should do a clean install of your operating system on your machine.

IJustHelping, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my...

1. am I the victim of a scam???? I am told I have to give windows the power to erase all my... - Similar Threads - victim scam told

2. I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am...: I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am having a hard time doing so. could someone please help me? I have windows 11 home....
  3. I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am...: I am trying to download a program and i was told that i have to disable s mode. I am having a hard time doing so. could someone please help me? I have windows 11 home....
  4. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Am I being scammed?: I keep receiving this message: "We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." Is this legitimate or am I being hacked?...
  5. On Updates, I am told that I am missing important security and quality fixes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On Updates, I am told that I am missing important security and quality fixes.: It gives me the code 0x8024a105. how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-updates-i-am-told-that-i-am-missing-important/41b22362-b842-44a2-a237-5c47eb373295
  6. Need help. I am victim of .coot virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help. I am victim of .coot virus: in my Portable drive, apparently due to virus attach, several tiles extension is changed and in last .coot added. The files are not usable. Please help me that how to recover the files/data Urgent help is required. Tarique Khan Qaimkhani...
  7. I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am told I have a virus, how to be rid of them.: I am told I have a virus, I have MacAfee virus and malware remover, will this get rid of virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-told-i-have-a-virus-how-to-be-rid-of-them/7e882141-d615-4570-8367-ae6c0d63987f
  8. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I being scammed?: I heard an alarm bell going on my laptop. Then a message saying that I needed to update Windows 10 drivers. Then a message from Tweakbit.com telling me to install & update Windows 10. Is this a scam?...
  9. I am unable to access my windows 10. When I put in my password - i am told wrong...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to access my windows 10. When I put in my password - i am told wrong...: How do I access my windows 10 when my response is: you have entered the wrong password - try again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-am-unable-to-access-my-windows-10-when-i-put-in/4e63144c-b77c-4d66-bc0d-8c6c6f825cb5
  10. Told to contact admin - but i am admin!

in Windows 10 Support
    Told to contact admin - but i am admin!: I wanted to save a txt file to C: and got told I didn't have permission to save in that location: contact admin. But I have admin, am an administrator. How does all that work? p.s. sharing is enabled. Administrators have full control. 114054

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i think that i am a victim o scam