Windows 10: Am unable to add an existing account to People

Discus and support Am unable to add an existing account to People in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to add my (new) account to People but keep getting an error - Something went wrong We're sorry, but we were unable to do that. Error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeraldMeyer1, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Am unable to add an existing account to People

Trying to add my (new) account to People but keep getting an error - Something went wrong We're sorry, but we were unable to do that. Error code: 0x80004005.

:)

GeraldMeyer1, Oct 17, 2018
  2. kharma Win User

Unable to access "People" or "Email & Accounts"

Having some major issues with my HTC Surround after one month of trouble-free operation (except for the occasional Marketplace fail to open).

Symptoms:

• Unable to open Email & Accounts or People, from live tiles, settings, or list.
    • Messaging is blank, unable to text.
    • Unable to map or ring phone from Windows Live on computer. All contacts visible online.
    • Able to manually enter phone number and make calls, but no contacts.
    • Internet seems to work fine via wifi & network.
    I did not download any apps or make any other changes beyond deleting a few pictures this morning. Attempted power cycle / soft reset, no luck.

Any ideas / suggestions?

kharma, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 18, 2018
  4. pallen38 Win User

Am unable to add an existing account to People

how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10

Problem:
    · Had to restore computer to factory settings...lost everything. Found people at Outlook.com. Reinstalled Windows 10. Somehow that listing showed up in my computer's Windows 10 "people" app. But when start to list address nothing comes up automatically like before even thought the name I'm typing is in the People listing. Tried finding something like "Auto enter addresses" in settings, but see nothing. Any suggestions? I'd like to use my hundreds of people listed without having to look up and physically enter each one when I want to use it.

Suggested Solution:
    Open the "People" app and in the bottom left corner, click the gear icon
    Note the account name it is associated with
    Open the "Mail" app and confirm that under "Accounts" it is using the same

Resolution attempt:
    Opened people app, clicked on settings gear... two accounts listed Gmail & Cox (my isp), but not Outlook, which is one of the 3 mail accounts that are linked in my Windows 10 mail account. Tried to add an outlook account to people app using my email address and outlook password and tells me "account already exists". Still have to manually input any addresses. thoughts? Would "link profiles" or "share contact" options on individual listings help? thx

pallen38, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Am unable to add an existing account to People

1. Am unable to add an existing account to People - Similar Threads - unable add existing

2. I am unable to consent my childs account or add it to family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to consent my childs account or add it to family account: I have attempted to consent my childs account numerous ways and have contacted Microsoft with the same issue with no outcomeRef no. 11051116689I get an error message saying something has gone wrong, its not you it's us.My child is not able to access her new computer which I...
  3. Add Contacts to People - from Bell account

in Browsers and Email
    Add Contacts to People - from Bell account: Hi all, I just set up another computer at work, Win10 Pro, and Im adding email accounts to Mail. This includes Bell accounts which are not listed and have to go under "Other" IP/POP. No problem. But when I wont to import contacts from these Bell accounts, the People app does...
  4. Unable to add pre-existing account to laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to add pre-existing account to laptop: My laptop had an account on it which over time I have changed emails to using my pre-built desktop. It stayed on the laptop for whatever reason. Today I attempted to sign into the account using the new email. It added a new account to the laptop and everytime I put in my...
  5. Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a Pin to an existing MS Account: I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running W10 Pro build 1909 using my MS account. When I set up the desktop I did so with a PIN. Didn't think to do that when I did the laptop. Is there a way at this late date to assign a PIN to the laptop -- preferably the...
  6. Can't add new account to Contacts people

Can't add new account to Contacts people: Hi, I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005. It's an pop/imap account. Can someone help me please. cheers,...
  7. Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app

Unable to add a number to a contact in Microsoft People app: I tried to add a number to a specific contact, but the screen froze and the app auto-exited. This has happened several times since. Needless to say, I cannot solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated......
  8. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  9. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  10. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail: When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add an account to windows 1o people

2. add existing account to people