Windows 10: Am using a Lenovo Laptop with USB3 ports with 5tb HD attached

Discus and support Am using a Lenovo Laptop with USB3 ports with 5tb HD attached in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I need to OPTIMIZE/DEFRAGMENT an USB attached via an USB3 In Windows 10. When the USB drive is selected, TOOLS is open, and CHECK or OPTIMIZE is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jagman, Mar 3, 2019.

1. jagman Win User

Am using a Lenovo Laptop with USB3 ports with 5tb HD attached

I need to OPTIMIZE/DEFRAGMENT an USB attached via an USB3 In Windows 10.
    When the USB drive is selected, TOOLS is open, and CHECK or OPTIMIZE is pressed, the list to perform either, only the INTERNAL [root, SYS_DRV, WINRE_DR] are shown.

Anyone? Best way to OPTIMIZE/DEFRAGMENT a USB Drive?

:)

jagman, Mar 3, 2019

2. Win 10 Upgrade killed my USB3 ports, need solution

I used the USB3 ports before installing Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron. Now the USB3 ports do not work. Devices plugged into the ports simply do not show up in File Explorer. Suggestions on other sites included update drivers, but the MS driver update feature
    says the best driver is already in place.

I welcome suggestions and references.

Thank you.

Charles Le Grand, Mar 3, 2019
  3. USB3 HDD unreadable after Anniversary update

To summarise

Asus laptop in the office

Upgraded to AU. USB3 HDD plugged into any of its 3 ports is not recognised, and Disk Manager lists the file system as RAW. Disk works perfectly on non-updated machines.

Home

USB3 HDD connected to USB3 port of Netgear router on 4 machine network

2 of the machines have updated to AU. Disk (READYSHARE) is reported as being not accessible, but is accessed perfectly on non-updated machines.

Disk works when plugged into local USB2 port on updated desktop, and on the USB (2 and 3) ports of updated Lenovo Yoga 700 11.6"

This cannot be a driver problem, since I am not aware that the client machines need drivers to access a USB port on the router - please correct me if I am wrong

I have done the clean boot on the Lenovo and the network disk is still not recognised. This has only occurred after the anniversary update, so there is quite simply a Microsoft bug, which they really must address quickly. Judging from the number of similar
    posts, there must be thousands of people experiencing this problem

Francisnorton, Mar 3, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Am using a Lenovo Laptop with USB3 ports with 5tb HD attached [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Am using a Lenovo Laptop with USB3 ports with 5tb HD attached - Similar Threads - using Lenovo Laptop

2. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working: Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand new bought less than a week ago Lenovo idea pad 5 ideapad 5-15ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YQ not having the line in function. Usually...
  3. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working: Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand new bought less than a week ago Lenovo idea pad 5 ideapad 5-15ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YQ not having the line in function. Usually...
  4. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 7 port usb3 hub surface book 3

7 port usb3 hub surface book 3: Hi I purchased an Anker usb3 powered hub with 7 ports+3IQ but SB3 displays an error message stating it can only handle 5 ports... The hub has exactly 5 usb devices connected to it leaving 2 empty and only 3 are relayed and working while the other 2 devices won't connect....
  6. USB3 Port - Some undetected drives

USB3 Port - Some undetected drives: I have read multiple help from all over the place. Seems there is no fix for undetected drives. I have an ASUS laptop. I have 2 identical 16G USB drives one is detected, 1 not. I have 2 different 500GB external HDD's. One detected, one not. All 4 are detected OK in 2 other...
  7. Boot with external HD attached.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot with external HD attached.: Not computer literate. How to start computer with external HD attached? If can't then how make external HD boot disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/boot-with-external-hd-attached/4c1991c9-4df4-4d2f-8229-af92c7d5131b
  8. USB3 ports on Logilink PCI ExpressCard are not work

USB3 ports on Logilink PCI ExpressCard are not work: Okay, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64Bit to windows 10 Pro 64bit. Everything ran smooth and fine. But my USB3 ports mounted on a Logilink product (Art. PC0058) PCI ExpressCard 2xUSB3 work only as power supply. The error indicated by device manager point to USB Root hub...
  9. slow transfer using USB3

slow transfer using USB3: Hi as the title says I cant seem to get what used to be hi speed data transfers on my 2 win 10 devices, a custom build PC and a surface pro 3. Prior to the update I would see a transfer speed of at least 100-148mb now I'm lucky to see 60mb. Hopefully someone has an idea as...
  10. Problem with HD graphics card using display port

Problem with HD graphics card using display port: I don't think that Build 10041 and my AMD gaphics driver are the best of friends. I have a 2550*1440 Viewsonic screen attached to an HD 5670 graphics card using display port. Quite often when I am using Thunderbird email the screen blinks a couple of times and about all...