Windows 10: Amateur Radio (IC-7300) USB Issues

Discus and support Amateur Radio (IC-7300) USB Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am continuing to have issues with my USB connection from my amateur radio (IC-7300) to my computer. The USB connection generally just sends info to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Forcefrog, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Forcefrog Win User

Amateur Radio (IC-7300) USB Issues

I am continuing to have issues with my USB connection from my amateur radio (IC-7300) to my computer. The USB connection generally just sends info to and from the computer or works through software to receive and transmit data through the radio. I continue to receive the window for USB malfunction leading to Unknown USB Device (Device Descripter Request Failed). I completed several troubleshooting methods, uninstalling and installing the Silicon Labs driver, USB selective suspend activity, uninstall and reinstall the Generic USB Hubs, tried other ports, tried a different laptop, and tried a new USB cable all with the same continuing issue. Within device manager it shows the unknown device with descripter error and it also shows an unknown device under "Other Devices." I would appreciate any help!

Thanks Jeff

:)

Forcefrog, Feb 12, 2019
  2. SamiEL Win User

Windows 10 ICS Issues.

Hey all,

I am currently using a USB Data Modem on my laptop. I'm trying to share my USB Modem's connection with my router using an Ethernet cord and the windows 10 ICS tool. This worked flawlessly on windows 7, but for some reason is not working on windows 10.

My Set Up.
    *3G USB Modem
    *Acer 5750G Laptop
    *CAT5 Ethernet Cord.
    *DWL-3200AP Router.

Steps I took.
    *Connected the Ethernet cord to my Laptops LAN connection.
    *Connected the Second End of the Ethernet Cable to Router's WAN Connection.
    *USB Modem Connected.
    *Shared Connection on Modem with Ethernet with ICS.

SamiEL, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Ski-MI Win User
    USB use for keying radio

I am a Amateur Radio operator and run my computer on the digital modes. The connection for keying the transmitter is fed from the USB connector of the computer. I use "Digipan" for this purpose. I have an old Dell Inspiron running Xp and all works fine.
    My new Dell laptop with Windows 10 does not key the radio. It will not recognize the proper serial port from the USB connector. Is there a driver that I am missing and if so, how do I get it.

Thanks to all for any assistance.

Ski-MI, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Amateur Radio (IC-7300) USB Issues

major USB issue

I asked this question last night but for some reason it's disappeared?

Recently I changed my HAM radio to an Icom IC-7600. Connecting the radio to the computer via USB causes all sorts of issues resulting in the radio needing a reset to restore it's full systems. I know it's not the radio as I have a similar issue with a second
    radio by a different manufacturer, not to mention the many forum discussions on this subject over the years. None of the solutions suggested have worked for me. I've tried all the recommended drivers (& then some) i.e. Icom x64 USB driver, prolific USB to
    serial comm port. I've also completed a reset of Win10 which ended with no difference. I have managed to get the comm port to "sort of" work by uninstalling & blocking KB 4089848 but, there is still a major issue/conflict somewhere? The radio is happy to work
    with HAM Radio Deluxe as the CAT software (computer aided transceiver (radio control)) but, introduce a second piece of software like WSJTX (FT8) & try to connect to the radio & all sorts of bad things start to happen...end result, the radio needs another
    reset. I've been trying for weeks & have reads many posts with no luck. I've tried using multiple cables through multiple radio ports, all ending the same way. I don't know where to go next? Thanks

RobertSinderberry, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Amateur Radio (IC-7300) USB Issues

1. Amateur Radio (IC-7300) USB Issues - Similar Threads - Amateur Radio 7300

2. Driver issues with Uniden 125at Radio Scanner.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver issues with Uniden 125at Radio Scanner.: Recent windows "update" does allow me to connect to Radio Scanner. Device Shows up in Device Manager with message "Device USB\VID_1965&PID_0017\0001 requires further installation." Have tried all internet advice Reinstalling driver Disabling enabling device Installing...
  3. TuneIn Radio App Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TuneIn Radio App Issue: I downloaded the TuneIn app a few months ago and it was working fine. Then it would load. I've tried the app repair feature, uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps coming up with an error....
  4. Bluetooth radio status issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth radio status issue on Windows 10: [ATTACH] I've tried going into device manager and uninstalling Qualcomm, restarting pc, and running services.msc to make Bluetooth Support Service and Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service set on automatic but I'd still get this result when running troubleshooting tests on...
  5. Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB

Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB: I use a Pi4, which I have recently switched over to get network and power over the usb-c port. All working well on my linux machine with a bridged connection to the usb-c port powering the pi. I haven’t been able to think of how to implement this in windows, as well as...
  6. Generic Bluetooth Radio no drivers issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic Bluetooth Radio no drivers issue: I bought a cheap Bluetooth 2.0 adapter to use on an old Windows 7 computer with a Windows Mobile 5 PDA in order to write apps for it, but I can't manage to get the adapter to work. I tried on Windows 7 and no drivers were found, on Windows 10 and the driver was installed, but...
  7. (Aspire E5-551G AMD10-7300/Win 1903 font issue fix?

(Aspire E5-551G AMD10-7300/Win 1903 font issue fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/stefayen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvgst9/aspire_e5551g_amd107300win_1903_font_issue_fix/
  8. Another internet connection sharing (ICS) issue

Another internet connection sharing (ICS) issue: So I've got two PCs running Windows 1903, one laptop, one desktop. I cannot run an ethernet cable to my router, but I can run one from my laptop to my desktop. I enabled ICS and BOOM, it was awesome at first. Now it's shockingly sluggish and I'm lucky if I get any data...
  9. Issues with sound in games, sounds like it's on the radio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with sound in games, sounds like it's on the radio: For some reason some games I play will start screwing up. Recently I played Stellaris and the sound would just fade and rise in volume. Sometimes audio might dip by 90% of decibels and then other times it sounds like I'm listening to the radio inside a tunnel. Youtube...
  10. Windows 10 ICS Issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 ICS Issues.: Hey all, I am currently using a USB Data Modem on my laptop. I'm trying to share my USB Modem's connection with my router using an Ethernet cord and the windows 10 ICS tool. This worked flawlessly on windows 7, but for some reason is not working on windows 10. My Set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comm port issues with ic-7300

2. ic-7300 usb driver missing

3. ic7300catcontrol

4. usb driver not recognised icom ic7300,
  5. icom ic-7300 usb not recognized,
  6. error in audio input device ic-7300,
  7. icom 7300 not recognised as usb,
  8. how does icom 7300 driver appear in device manager,
  9. icom 7300 easypal thread,
  10. how old is my ic7300,
  11. ic-7300 the last device failed,