Windows 10: Amazon Alexa app now can be used hands-free on Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support Amazon Alexa app now can be used hands-free on Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Alexa on your PC you can simplify your life and use your voice to get more done. Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, create lists, play music,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Amazon Alexa app now can be used hands-free on Windows 10 PCs

With Alexa on your PC you can simplify your life and use your voice to get more done. Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more, even when the app is running in the background or minimized. Alexa on your PC makes it easy to control your smart home from anywhere just by using your voice. Whether you’re at home or on the go, Alexa is designed to make your life easier.

Today, Amazon announced an update for its Alexa app on Windows 10 for an all new hand-free experience.

Read more: The convenience of Alexa, now on your PC

Download: Get Alexa app | Microsoft Store

:)

Brink, May 6, 2019

2. Amazon Alexa App

Hi Phil,

Based on the product details of Amazon Echo, you can log in to the web app for Alexa in Widnows10 to use the device. Other than that, you can install the Alexa app on a compatible mobile device to connect via Wi-Fi. Since you've mentioned that you are unable
    to connect to the internet, we would like to verify the browser that you used when signed in to the Alexa web app.

We found a thread that you may find useful and informative at the same time so you can better enjoy your device. To view
    Micah Bat's response, check this thread: I am unable to download
    Alexa App for Amazon Echo on Windows 10

We will wait for your response.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, May 6, 2019
  3. Ramzi M Win User
    Amazon Alexa

Hi alinesavoie ,

You may need to reinstall Alexa. If your machine isn't preinstalled with the software then it's easy enough to install, though you'll first need to ensure your PC is up to date and configured with US Language settings.

Download Amazon Alexa for Windows 10

Run the installer file

Click Install

Click 'Yes' when prompted by User Account Control to allow this app to make changes to your device

You'll be prompted to restart your machine once the installation is complete

Once the PC has booted launch Alexa from the Start menu

Click 'Set up Amazon Alexa'

Click 'Continue' to accept the T&Cs

Click 'Finish setup'

Sign into your Amazon account

The software will prompt you to install the latest update

Normally, you should contact Amazon support/FAQ to see how to cofigure it.

Thank you.

Ramzi M, May 6, 2019
  4. David.P. Win User

amazon alexa

Hello, it sounds like you need to change the wireless network for your Alexa device.

Here are the steps you'll need to take. I just verified them on my own Alexa device using the current iPhone app (the Android app should be similar):

1) Open the Amazon Alexa app

2) On the left navigation (3 lines at the top left) choose Settings.

3) Click Device Settings

4) Click on the Device you need to change.

5) About half way down is Wi-Fi Network. Press "change" on the right side.

6) Follow the next steps to begin setup of the device, changing the Wi-Fi network.

Please let me know if this works, or you need additional assistance.

Thank you

David

David.P., May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Amazon Alexa app now can be used hands-free on Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Amazon Alexa app

2. i need the amazon alexa app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i need the amazon alexa app: because it not compatiable with this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-amazon-alexa-app/5d5f554a-a54a-4b9b-9d62-2311bb7fa229
  3. i need the amazon alexa app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need the amazon alexa app: because it not compatiable with this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-amazon-alexa-app/5d5f554a-a54a-4b9b-9d62-2311bb7fa229
  4. i need the amazon alexa app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Amazon Alexa . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Amazon Alexa . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying, to install, Amazon Alexa. I went to the, Amazon website. And, I typed in "Install Alexa". But, it's very confusing. It says, free to download. But, I never see, anything happen? Could someone, give me the, step by...
  6. Amazon Alexa . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Amazon Alexa . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I want to install Amazon Alexa. I type it into Amazon search, install Alexa. It's free . . . It shows me a round blue circle. I click on it, but nothing seems to happen. Please give me, step by step instructions. I just, really want Alexa on...
  7. Amazon Alexa App on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amazon Alexa App on my pc: The Amazon Alexa app on my windows 10 computer shows "offline". There isn't a network/wifi settings option listed under settings in the app. How do I get Alexa on my pc connected to wifi?...
  8. Alexa App using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alexa App using Windows 10: Hello there! I'm trying to install the Alexa App on my PC but it's stating " Alexa is currently not available", not sure why? I check the US store and it's available there. I'm from Canada: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/alexa/9n12z3cctcnz?activetab=pivot:overviewtab...
  9. amazon alexa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amazon alexa: i have recently changed broadband supplier & cannot find how to reprogram amazon alexa . on the app it says go into settings , wifi & click on alexa but it isnt there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-alexa/8fb0622e-17cd-4510-b987-9490343c67df
  10. Amazon Alexa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Amazon Alexa: I have internet and wifi, but my amazon alexa won't connect to wifi. I have added it to my managed settings, but it wont show up as an available network. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-alexa/0423c764-89bc-414b-ac72-d062f70ab6ed