Windows 10: Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

Discus and support Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DJG, May 23, 2019.

1. DJG
    DJG Win User

Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be disabled. Am I the only one getting this? Maybe a browser virus?

:)

2. Remon Ont Win User

amazon Assist

Hi,

The Amazon assist pop-up(s) that you are getting could be an Adware. It is a form of malware (malicious software) which presents unwanted advertisements to the user of a computer.

If you have a 3rd-party antivirus or Windows defender, we suggest that you scan your computer.

We would like to know:

• What browser(s) are you using?
    • Have you tried turning on your web browser's pop-up blocker?

Windows has a feature called SmartScreen, it is a filter that helps protect your device from malicious sites and downloads. To go to SmartScreen settings: Type
    SmartScreen in the search box and press Enter.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, May 23, 2019
  3. Amazon assistant ****

After an update on the night of 4/11 - 4/12 I now have a phantom app that wont load and wont go away. The Window from says it is loading "aa.hta" from folder ..../amazon/amazon assistant folder. Many of these windows open up. I close each one but more
    and more open up. Amazon assistant is listed under my apps list under settings but it doesn't let me uninstall it.

RichardCivil, May 23, 2019
  4. Cr00zng Win User

Opera browser initial connections...

That had been my recollection as well, but the guide in your link does not work. It used to in previous versions and don't know when it has been changed?

After some search, in version 56.x, it is under search pop-up:

Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser [​IMG]

Doing so did disable the Ukranian, but not the Europe bank connection. Oh well, I'll just keep blocking it with the firewalls...

Thanks for the tip...

Cr00zng, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser - Similar Threads - Amazon Assistant Pop

2. reactivate pop-up notification amazon music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reactivate pop-up notification amazon music: I accidentally turned off amazon music pop up notifications on pc and i don't know how to put them back on. amazon music does not appear in windows notification options...
  3. reactivate pop-up notification amazon music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reactivate pop-up notification amazon music: I accidentally turned off amazon music pop up notifications on pc and i don't know how to put them back on. amazon music does not appear in windows notification options...
  4. Opera gx browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera gx browser: For some reason whenever i download or am about to download a file the opera window turns red in my task bar even when the download is sucsessful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-gx-browser/137d2a91-13f1-4bbf-9408-4ac0eed92c88
  5. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  6. Problem with Opera browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Opera browser: A version of the Opera browser has been working okay in a Debian Jessie system for about 9 months. Suddenly certain features no longer work :- (1) Can't open attachments in emails, especially PDF attachments. (2) Can't use ALT-P to clear cache/cookies Can anyone explain...
  7. Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website: I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I forever need to just remember not to click that? It was the same exact message that another person had commented and written...
  8. About the opera browser

About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  9. About the opera browser

About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  10. Latest Opera browser

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Opera browser: I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own, using Task Mgr. I find that Opera uses substantially less resources than Chrome. I like many of the Opera features, such...